Question

Reddit error: JSON errors, SUBMIT_VALIDATION_FLAIR_REQUIRED, and your post must contain post flair.

• 20 May 2023
  • 4 replies

I am trying to setup a zap that sends a post to Reddit once a new Wordpress post is published. When testing the action, i get a message with the following json errors below (image also attached.)

Thing is there is no field in the Action fields where i can enter the Reddit flair. There are fields only for Title, Subreddit and URL. 

Can someone please tell me how to fix this?

json errors: 1

1. SUBMIT_VALIDATION_FLAIR_REQUIRED
  2. Your post must contain post flair.
  3. flair

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @cchcny,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dive deeper into this, it seems like the subreddit you're attempting to post to requires a flair to be added before making a post. I noticed that there is no "Flair" field or any way to include a flair when using the "New Link Post" action.

To troubleshoot, could you please try skipping the action step by clicking on "Skip test"? After that, give the Zap another go and see if the error persists.

Please keep us posted! 😊

Hi @ken.a I did as you suggested and skipped the test and published. But even after the Zap ran, Reddit did not post (other platforms in the zap ran successfully), likely because of this missing Flair.

I hope Zapier will look into this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @cchcny,

Thanks for trying that out!

This could be a good feature request for the “New Link Post” action. I recommend reaching out to our Support team. They can create a feature request on your behalf. You can contact our Support team by visiting this link: https://zapier.com/app/get-help. Once there, choose the "Report a bug or request a feature" option. They'll be more than happy to assist you and forward your request.

7cf4459bc2c0101f1790f9db385a8e46.png
(view larger)

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

This essential feature for 90% of subreddits not available 11 months later 💀