Question

Product Looping Filter only returning one match in Shopify order with multiple matches

• 30 January 2024
  • 3 replies

I have a New Paid Order trigger in Shopify that is filtered to exclude fulfilled orders, then I added a Loop to pull a certain set of information from each product in the order. So far so good. Then I added a filter to only pull products that contain a certain word in the product name.

When I run the filter it only comes up with one product match, even though I know the test order included several products with the keyword in the name. I need the product data to be included in one Asana task for each relevant product and that part is working, but only for the one product match that comes up in the filter result.

I’ve tested this with several orders and several different products that include the same keyword and I keep getting only one match in the filter step. How can I get the filter to find all the relevant products in the order so Asana can create one task for each?

I attached a breakdown of the zap and each step. (There’s a discrepancy in the product name example used in the filter step and the other steps because I took that screenshot later on using another test order)

Any help would be great!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @stephenwilson,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

It looks like you’ve reached out to our Support Team about this and they replied yesterday with a suggestion. I’ll share details of the suggestion here in case it’s helpful:

Please be informed that it is normal behavior to create one task for each line-item data, in this situation, if you aim to have it one task, I suggest that you may use a formatter of line-item text for the data, since it needs to have multiple formatter, I suggest that you may try to seek some help with a Zapier Certified Expert at https://zapier.com/experts/ , since this will require some advance knowledge of setup.

You can learn more about looping to further understand its concept through this link: https://community.zapier.com/featured-articles-65/by-zapier-learn-about-looping-11670

If you’ve got any questions regarding their suggestion it would be best to continue the conversation with them over email. If you can’t locate their reply I’d recommend searching your spam/junk folder or searching your inbox for any emails from zapier.com in case. Sometimes their emails can end up in the spam/junk folder by accident.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Hey, the email didn’t help at all, at least as far as I could understand it. I looked through the Looping documentation included in the link and it looks like what I’m trying to do should be possible. The person that emailed me seemed to think I needed to do one loop for each line item? That doesn’t make any sense to me because I’m trying to gather several line items about one product into one task in Asana. Again, it’s working but it’s only pulling and gathering info for one of the products in the order. That tells me that the issue might actually be in the connection between the looping action and the filter action, because the filter is only pulling one product result no matter what I do, when I can see that there should be multiple matches for the test order I chose. Any further help in finding a solution would be appreciated. Thanks.

I actually did another test and removed the filter completely. The Looping action is pulling the data for each product in the order correctly, but the “Create Task in Asana” action is still only creating a task for the first product form the Looping action. Anyone have any clues?