Best answer

Product Hunt error: The redirect uri included is not valid

When trying to connect my Product Hunt account to Zapier I get the error message  “The redirect uri included is not valid.” After clicking through the prompts on the pop up

I have tried logging out and in as well as restarting my computer and browser and trying on incognito - no luck 

has anyone encountered and solved this problem? 

icon

Best answer by Danvers 11 October 2022, 11:26

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @gjsequeira!

I’m sorry that you’re running into this issue, I can see that it’s a known problem that some users are running into. I have added you to the bug report for this, which lets the Product hunt team know how many users are affected. We’ll send you an email if we have an update from them on this. 

Thanks!

I can not, through any authentication methods, get Product Hunt connected.

I saw that @Danvers mentioned that it is a known issue.

Are there any updates or workarounds? Has anyone done webhooks or other API connection? I can do RSS, but that doesn’t help with upvotes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @JLiebster, thanks for reaching out. I hope it’s okay, I merged your question into the original thread​​​!

I’m sorry to hear you’re running into this as well! 😔 While we don’t have any workarounds to share, I did add you to the bug report as an impacted user. This will ensure you’re emailed once a fix is in place. We’ll also share that here as well.

Full transparency, though, this particular app is owned and managed by the Product Hunt team. It might be worth reaching out directly to their team to let them know you’re running into this. Sometimes it helps to hear feedback directly from their users. 🙂

Thanks again for posting in the community! 

Hi!

Did anyone have any luck here? I get same redirect issue

Kim

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @kimdanielarthur! I’m sorry to hear you’re running into this too. 😔

No updates to share at the moment but I did add you as an impacted user. This will ensure you’re emailed once a fix is in place.

Thanks for letting us know!

Hello @christina.d,

I’m also running into this issue. Can I be notified once the fix is live? 

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Absolutely! You’re all set, @discofrancisco. Appreciate you letting us know and we’ll be in touch once there’s a fix.

Still not working, getting the same error. Do I need to set the redirect url on the product hunt side?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @elleelee 

I’ve added you to the list of affected user, and we’ll  notify you via email once an update is readily available. Thanks.

We are also facing the same issue. It’s not letting us sign in into Product hunt from Zapier. 

I’m currently experiencing the same issue. Product Hunt sign in always ends up with an error that says uri code is not valid (signed in condition on Product Hunt)