Best answer

Notion error: The version of the API does not support this type of block type. Please upgrade your API version

• 9 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

When I forward an email to zapier that then goes into a Notion Database, I’m having issues with the “Content” field in Notion.  I have the Zap set on that field to to “Body Plain”.  When I send an email to zapier, it creates the notion database item however, the content has a lot of HTML text with some plain text mixed in.

I’m trying to figure out how to get the actual body of the email to come across so that it looks the same.  Any tips or ideas on this?  I’m using Spark email as my client email.  I wish Spark would create a “Service” for notion :).

icon

Best answer by Danvers 9 August 2022, 16:22

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @spinman!

Looking at the Content field for Notion, it says that it support markdown, which is similar to html in that it tells applications how to format text. 

The good news is that the Formatter by Zapier app can convert html to markdown! So, you need to:

1. Add a Formatter by Zapier step after the trigger, choose Text for the event and Convert HTML to Markdown for the Transform
  2. Use the Body html field as the input for the step
  3. In the Notion step, use the output of the Formatter step in the Content field

That will add text in a markdown format to Notion, so it should look as it should in Notion :)

Let us know how you get on and if you have any questions!

Userlevel 1

@Danvers I have followed your steps perfectly but I keep getting an error saying that notion database doesn’t accept this content block (from the formatter)