Best answer

Notion error: Body failed validation; fix one: body.properties.Name.id should be defined; instead, it was undefined.body.properties.

• 11 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m having an issue with a Zap created to create a Notion DB for meeting noted from Google Calendar.

I haven’t edited the Zap for months, but have just started getting this issue today.

The error is below:

Failed to create a database item in Notion

body failed validation. Fix one: body.properties.Name.id should be defined, instead was `undefined`. body.properties.Name.name should be defined, instead was `undefined`. body.properties.Name.start should be defined, instead was `undefined`.

When I use the AI to troubleshoot it tells me to correct the JSON Structure:

1. Instead of using properties|||Name|||title, you should use properties|||Name|||title|||0|||text|||content to properly format the title as an array of text objects.
  2. Ensure that the title property is an array with a single object that has a text field containing a content key.

This seems to me like an issue with either Google Calendar making a change or Zapier having changed it’s expectations.

The steps I’ve taken to resolve:

1. Turn Zap off & back on
  2. Refresh the fields and re-test (but getting the same issue)
  3. Used new and old test data from Calendar
  4. Tried to see if AI formatter worked as a step

Does anyone else have this issue? Any advice?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 11 January 2024, 17:47

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @crch 

Check your Zap Runs history to see the DATA IN/OUT from each step to help you troubleshoot: https://zapier.com/app/history/

We would need to see screenshots from your Zap Runs as well as how your Zap steps are configured to have full context.

Userlevel 1

It seems to me that the Google Calendar integration is the issue. I tried removing the “Name” field to see if that would fix it but also got an error in testing where it then failed when looking for the id of the next field “body.properties.attendees.id”. 

So clearly it is expecting an ID but there is no longer that field coming from Google Calendar, or the structure itself has changed.

Thanks for the response Troy Tessalone 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@crch 

The error is from the Notion step.

That means either there is an issue with the Notion step (behind the scenes), or bad data was provided, or the Zap step is not configured correctly.

The errors seem to be related to the Name field.

Did you change anything in Notion related to this field?

Try refreshing your Notion Zap action step fields and possibly reconfiguring the mapped variables from GCal.

Also, make sure your Notion Zap step is using the most updated version of the Notion Zap app.

Userlevel 1

Hello @Troy Tessalone .

Yes I thought as well the issue was within the Notion step, but a change in data from Google.

There were no changes to the Notion page other than sort order. For now I just deleted the Zap and recreated with no issue.

Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s an awesome news @crch! We’re glad to hear recreating the Zap helped solve the error.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗