Question

No data is shown when searching for all available fields from "Find Contact" in GetResponse

• 20 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

GetResponse:  Want to set a path which will only continue if GetResponse does not have a tag associated with the Contact. 

‘Find Contact in Donors List’ is an early step - it doesn’t show any tag info. First Clue

Later there is a path rule and I only want it to continue if the Contact ‘Does Not’ have the Tag ‘Donor_Recurring’ 

When I ‘Search all available fields’, ‘Tags’ is an option from the ‘Find contact in GetResponse Donors List - but there there is no actual data showing.

Is there any way of getting that data? 

Thanks

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Inspiron, thanks for joining our Community! 🙂

Does the contact that was found have any tags currently?

If not, then that might be why there’s no data showing for the Tags field. In which case you’d want to try adding a tag and then test the Find Contact action again to see if it’s then able to pull through the tag correctly.

Is that the case here, or does that specific contact already have tags added that should be appearing in the Tags field? 

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!

Userlevel 1

Thank you for the suggestion and it always pays to double check these things so I appreciate the prompt

I can confirm that the contact does have two existing tags already: ‘Donor’ and ‘June2020Gratitude’

I removed the additional Payal rule (Txn type) to simplify the path test.

When I setup the rule ‘Tags’ here are some results -->

1. ‘(text) contains’  June2020Gratitude  →  Your path would not have continued.  
  2. ‘(text) Does not contain’ June2020Gratitude  →  Your path would have continued.  
  3. Exists →  Your path would not have continued.  
  4. Does not Exist →  Your path would not have continued.  
  5. ‘(text) exactly matches’ June2020Gratitude →  Your path would not have continued.  
  6. ‘(text) Does not exactly match’ June2020Gratitude → Your path would have continued.  

I want the rule to continue only if  the tag ‘Donor_recurring’ is not assigned to that contact.  In this case it is not.

1. ‘(text) Does not contains’ donor_recurring  →  Your path would have continued. 

This is what I want. (capitalisation had no effect). However to counter-test I entered: 

1. ‘(text) Does not contain’ donor  →  Your path would have continued. 

This puzzles me as ‘donor’ is one of two tags.  This may be because donor is a part of the donor_recurring tag name and the underscore may be treated as a space.  So I tried this:

1. (text) Does contains’ donor  →  Your path would have continued. 

Is No.7 the correct rule?  I probably need to find a Contact which has the tag ‘Donor_Recurring’ to test the path (which would not continue).

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Inspiron,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Have you resolved this issue? If not, could you please let us know the steps you’ve taken after your last response?

Thank you! 😊

Userlevel 1

I have not been able to progress this any further.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Inspiron,

Based on the rule “Contains” option in the Filter setup. This will check if the field contains a value (This is not case-sensitive). In your case, since you entered “donor” and the data you mapped is “Donor_recurring” it picked up the first word in the data.

Have you tried testing the “Exactly matches” option? This will check if the field matches a value letter-for-letter (This is case-sensitive.). 

More about this here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496180919949

Hopefully, this helps! 😊