Best answer

New Saved Message Slack trigger does not work anymore after Slack update

• 1 April 2023
  • 69 replies

Userlevel 1

Slack recently updated their save element feature, apparently this broke the trigger, ad it does not work anymore.

I was using it in a zap where each time a user saved a message from slack, the zap copied it in a trello board, it worked just fine until slack updated their feature.

Any idea on how to fix it?

icon

Best answer by SamB 15 May 2023, 11:03

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

69 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Admin Bpo 

Just to ensure I understand, could you elaborate more on the issue? Would you be able to outline it step-by-step?

Are you, by any chance, getting an error message? If so, could you send a screenshot of the error? This would allow me to check further.

(If there’s any personal information, kindly blur them.)

Looking forward to your response!

Userlevel 1

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

I’ll attach a screenshot of all the zap.

Anyway what the zap has to to is pretty simple:

TRIGGER

The zap monitors the app “Slack”;

The trigger event is the “New Saved Message”, it is a function of Slack that allows you to save a message;

The zap is linked to the Slack account.

ACTION

The action is done on the app “Trello”;

The triggered event is the “Create Card”; it is a function that adds a note into a column of notes.

The zap is linked to the Trello Account;

In the action, the desired board is selected and in this board a column of notes (List), the note has the name of the saved message of slack, and in the description (a piece of the note from trello) contains the link of the saved message.

There are other settings but I don’t think this can be of much relevance as these are even optional beside the fact that the zap worked just fine with them a few days ago prior to the slack update of the “Save Message” feature.

That being said if you have any specific question, i’ll be more than glad to answer them, in the meantime I’ll leave you also a screenshot of all the zap.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Admin Bpo 

Thank you for sharing the screenshot and for explaining the Zap.

I have been doing some digging on this and I see that a few other users have been running into this problem. As it turns out, you've run into a known bug, unfortunately.

We already have a bug report in place and before adding your email address to the ticket, I just want to confirm that the Zap doesn’t trigger. Is thats correct? If so, I’ll proceed with adding your email address to the Bug Report so that when a fix ships, we’ll send you an email right away!

Looking forward to your response!

Userlevel 1

Thank you for looking into the issue, what you asked is quite correct the Zap does not trigger the action.

Actually I tried a very similar zap where the only difference is the trigger, and that works out perfectly as expected.

My team used to rely on this function for everyday use, and now we are experiencing major difficulties due to this sudden change.

Would it be possible to have an ETA of the fix?

Best regards.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Admin Bpo 

Thanks for confirming that information.

I already added your email address to the Bug Report.

We aren't able to update users on precise bug statuses or estimated timeframes until the issue is resolved. There are many factors at play when addressing a bug, so it's challenging to predict when a bug will be fixed.

Let me know if you have other questions.

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Hey @Admin Bpo I’m having the same issue.

@Charie would you mind adding email to that bug report?

Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Jpez 

I have also added your email address to the bug report.

Let me know if you have other questions! 😊

I have the same problem. Please add me to the bug report.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @BasR,

I have added you to the open bug report as an another affected user as well.

I have a zap that does the exact same thing as the OP, and I, too, would like to know when this is solved. Please add me to the open bug report. Thank you!

Please add me to the bug report as well. Same issue – Saving a message in Slack no longer triggers a  Zap.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey ya’ll! Thanks for letting us know - I’ve got you added to that report. We’ll keep you and the thread updated once we have a fix. 🙂

Hi there, I am also having this issue and would like to be added to the open bug report as well.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Eric.jp - sure thing, thanks for letting us know. You’ve been added. 🙂

Hi! 

I also have same issue along with others. Only difference is that my zap should copied the Saved messages from Slack to Asana. 

Please add my email to the bug report as well, thank you! 

Experiencing same issue or similar, new saved message creates google task. Looking forward to fix.

+1 same issue here, major piece of my inbox zero setup relies on this trigger -- eager for fix! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey friends - thanks for this! I’ve added ya’ll to the list!

While we don’t have an ETA at the moment, we’ll definitely email everyone once a fix is in place.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thank you - ya’ll are both good to go!

I’m having the same issue, running exactly the same zap as the original poster. Please add my email to the bug report, thx!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You’ve been added, @treebranchmedia!

Userlevel 1

I’m seeing the same issue, please also add my email to the bug report.

Userlevel 1

I have been doing some digging on this and I see that a few other users have been running into this problem. As it turns out, you've run into a known bug, unfortunately.

We already have a bug report in place...

For people who are hitting this issue, if you can use “New Pushed Message” instead, that trigger still works since it’s on-demand.

It’ll require you to remap fields in the action, since the structure of the data is a little different. In my case I had to switch over to fields under Message - Message Ts Time (timestamp), Message User Name (username), Message Text (text - this is probably the most commonly needed).