Best answer

New Saved Message Slack trigger does not work anymore after Slack update

Show first post
This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

69 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ah, thank you @alexisg! So nice to still see you in these parts still dropping knowledge bombs. 🎉 

Thanks @julip! I’ve added ya - I wonder if in the meantime giving @alexisg workaround a shot might do the trick though? 

Let us know!

Userlevel 1

Thanks! I tried this and the workaround does not work for me as I need to go into an extra menu to trigger the push to Zapier. I can’t simply click a single “save for later” button, which is accessible on all Slack messages without an extra click.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ah, thanks for giving it a try and letting us know! Sorry to hear it’s not an option at the moment.

While I don’t have an ETA for a fix, I did add you to the bug report so we’ll email you once a fix is in place. 🙂

Userlevel 1

Hello,

Please add me to the list, I have the same problem in two Zaps.

More details about the recent change on Slack’s side is available here: https://slack.com/help/articles/13453851074067-Save-it-for-%22Later%22

Can you please add my email too as I have the same issue and the workaround does not work either.

Hi - also having the same issue, except my action is to send an email to an address (I’m using it to add saved messages in Slack to my Sunsama backlog).

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey friends, thanks for letting us know - ya’ll have all been added!

Could you please add me too to get updated about the status of the issue? I’m experiencing the same issue and my daily workflow is broken. Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ah, sorry to hear that, @hunor6. I’ve got you added and we’ll email you once a fix is in place!

Can I please also be added to the bug report

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@julip, I’ve added you to the bug report. In the meantime, @alexisg has posted a great workaround that you can try. 

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hi Charie -- I’m also affected by this and would like to be added to the bug report. I use the saved message feature to push Slack messages (mobile and desktop) to Things3 to be added to my to-do list. I didn’t realize how much I used it until it stopped working 😂 Thanks.

Userlevel 1

Please add me to the list as well. It took me days to realize this wasn’t working, and as a result, many balls were dropped at work. I’m using the solution provided by @alexisg in the meantime, but I would rather have the “save” button work as it is way more straightforward. Thank you!

Userlevel 1

Please add me to the list as well. It took me days to realize this wasn’t working, and as a result, many balls were dropped at work. I’m using the solution provided by @alexisg in the meantime, but I would rather have the “save” button work as it is way more straightforward. Thank you!

Agreed — that solution works but is a bit cumbersome.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Absolutely agree with ya’ll - not an ideal scenario. In the meantime though, I’ve got you both added and hopefully be able to share an update soon. 🤞🏽

Could I get added too please

Could I be added too please?

Userlevel 1

Hi,

can you add me in the bug report too ? This zap was very used and loved :’)

Userlevel 1

Please add me as well.

This has totally destroyed my one-click workflow for sending saved slack messages to my centralised inbox 😭

Userlevel 1

@christina.d Could you add me as well please? This is a productivity killer for me.

Userlevel 1

Please add me as well. “Push to Zapier” workaround no longer working either.

I’m also struggling with this change/bug

Userlevel 1
Badge

@alexisg ok, so just to clarify with this new action, you have to click the three dots button in Slack, select “Push to Zapier”, choose the option to select the zapier zap from the dropdown and click Push?

Damn, so many steps now. :/

Userlevel 1

Glad I found this thread. It was driving me crazy this morning.

Hopefully this can be resolved. I just started using this in a zap that was incredibly helpful to my daily workflow.

Mine was working only yesterday then decided to stop.

If you can add me too that would be great