Best answer

'New file in folder' Dropbox trigger not uploading to YouTube

• 3 December 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I an trying to create a workflow where I upload my videos from DropBox directly to YouTube, essentially by-passing my computer when I have bad internet. (My video editor delivers the video to Dropbox).

I created a Zap with the the trigger “new file in folder” (dropbox) and the first test worked, it did get uploaded to YouTube, but if I delete that file and replace it with a new one it doesn't get trigger again. 

Is there a way to make zapier see that there is a new file there and upload it YT?

Or maybe manually trigger it somehow? Would I have to re-create the Zap every time I upload a video?

Thank you!

Chip

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 3 December 2021, 22:35

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ChipGe 

Make sure to use a new unique name for files as sometimes adding the same file can be seen as a duplicate and filtered out internally by the Zap (aka the Zap doesn’t trigger).

FYI: Dropbox New File in Folder trigger is scheduled.

Polling trigger: the majority of triggers are polling triggers. With a polling trigger, Zapier will check for new data from your trigger every 1 to 15 minutes in order to start your Zap, depending on your pricing plan.

Files Uploaded to a Subdirectory Aren't Detected

Unfortunately this is a current limitation of our integration with Dropbox, we only detect files that are dropped directly in the specified folder when setting up the zap. So if a new upload creates a folder and puts a file in it, the zap won't be triggered.

Folder contains more entries than file_limit (4000)

Right now, you can only watch for new files in a Dropbox folder if the folder has less than 4000 items in it. You'll receive a hard-error from Dropbox (and the Zap will not work) as soon as you go over this limit. We're working on increasing this though.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone I guess I have to give it more time to auto-trigger on a new file since I don't have the 1 minute trigger time plan.

Thank you very much for your answer.

Have a nice day

Chip

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ChipGe 

Give it some time, then check your Zap Runs to see if the Zap fired: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ChipGe 

TIP: You can manually run a non-instant Zap that’s ON instead of waiting.

Userlevel 1

All seems to working well now. You can close this ticket out.

Thank you!

Chip