Best answer

Mailchimp template styling not applied to Zapier-created campaigns

• 27 September 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

My client want to automatically send an email from Mailchimp whenever they publish a new post to their wordpress (org) site. I have created a 3 step zap here with the trigger New post in Wordpress and the steps Create Campaign in Mailchimp and Send Campaign in Mailchimp. Everything works fine in the tests (no errors anywhere) but the campaigns that are created with my chosen template look all wrong. It has the unstyled basic style as if nothing has been done to the template. When I create a regular email inside Mailchimp and choose the template it works fine. 

We don’t use any dynamic content for the new campaigns, they are just supposed to look exactly like the template. 

Very grateful for any help or insights!

Screenshot of how the Zapier created campaigns end up looking both when vied in Mailchimp and in the sent emails: 

icon

Best answer by ken.a 12 October 2023, 09:37

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @sandra_hajagency 

I think we need some more context here. For example, which action are you trying to use? “Create Campaign”? 

Also, the test emails aren't showing, nor can we see the steps in Zapier, can you share those as well? 

Userlevel 1

Hi!! 

Yes, like I mentioned I was using the actions Create Campain (in Mailchimp) och Send Campaign but right now the Send action is removed while debugging since the issue happens in the creating of the new campaign.
I edited my question yesterday and added a screenshot of the incorrectly created campaigns, I hope you see that one? 
I’ll put some more screenshots below.

My zap, and the details of the Create campaign action. 

How my template looks like in mailchimp, but the new campaigns created with Zapier doesn’t get this look.

Neither headline or Lorem ipsum text is dynamic, the client is supposed to edit the template to some static generic text. So all emails should look exactly like this template.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @sandra_hajagency,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I did some digging into this, and it seems like the Zapier integration doesn’t yet support Mailchimp templates created in the “new” builder. Is it possible that this is causing the issue? Could you try using a template created in the Classic editor in Mailchimp to test out this theory?

Here is the Mailchimp’s guide: https://mailchimp.com/help/design-an-email-classic-builder/

Please keep us posted! 😊

Userlevel 1

Hi Ken, thank you for your help, and appologies for my late response!

My client does not have big budget so we settled on a more manual process without using Zapier for now, hence I don’t feel comfortable testing more using their account. But your theory makes sense and feel very plausible so I will mark it as best answer.

Thanks again! 

EDIT: sorry, of course I meant to mark YOUR answer as best answer, not my own. Will try to fix but haven’t found a “reverse button” yet...

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @sandra_hajagency,

I completely understand, and I apologize if the new template is not supported at the moment. However, we do have an open feature request for the Mailchimp integration to support templates created with the new template editor. 

I have added you as another interested member to the open feature request. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

Hopefully, this helps.

Userlevel 1

Hey @ken.a - could you email me as well? I encountered the same error Sandra did: Zap appears unable to load MailChimp template, reverts to Heading 1 default she showed. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @jbtx,

Thanks for reporting this to us.

I have added you as another interested member to the open feature request for the Mailchimp app to support templates created with the New Template editor.

While we can’t provide an exact timeframe for the feature’s implementation. However, we will keep you in the loop via email once the feature has been implemented.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.