Best answer

Mailchimp error: Bad Request - Cannot send this campaign because it is currently" sent"

• 10 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, I want to automatically send a newsletter when someone is added to a Mailchimp tag. Let me add, we are on the free Mailchimp plan. I got it to work, but now it’s no longer working and the error message is:

Failed to create a sent campaign in Mailchimp

Mailchimp ran into an error: Bad Request - Cannot send this campaign because it is currently" sent"

It seems that once the campaign is sent once, it is no longer available. How do I configure the newsletter in Mailchimp so it can be sending continously, is this possible?

Thanks,

Michele

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 10 August 2023, 22:25

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @GGNS 

Good question.

Try using this Zap action: Mailchimp - Add Update Subscriber

In Mailchimp, you need to have an automation configured that is triggered when a Tag is added to a Subscriber.

Userlevel 1

Thanks so much, we have the free plan, so I don’t think we can trigger an email when someone is added to a tag, hence the need for Zapier… I’m hoping to be able to do this through Zapier. The question is, how do I configure the campaign. I created a draft and it worked one time, but then after the campaign was sent that one time, it was no longer available, I think that’s the issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@GGNS 

The proper way would be to setup a Mailchimp Customer Journey Automation that works repeated for Subscribers that match the trigger conditions in Mailchimp. (e.g. via a Tag)

A Campaign is a 1 time send to recipients.

A Customer Journey is an automation that sends emails.

Otherwise, you’ll have to explore using the Zap actions:

• Mailchimp - Create Campaign (Draft)
  • Mailchimp - Send Campaign

Userlevel 1

Thanks, I will try these!

Best,

Michele