Question

Lookup Spreadsheet Row not working while matching with Jira ticket value which are exactly same

• 16 February 2024
  • 11 replies

I am trying to create a zapier automation that will lookup a spreadsheet row by trying to match a column value with an input value from a jira ticket.

Ex: Spreadsheet column “Rand” has value 5468

I have a jira ticket field “rand_field” with value 5468

when I am using these two to match, I am getting below error

Failed to find a spreadsheet row in Google Sheets

Error from halted execution: Nothing could be found for the search.

But if I change the match value from jira ticket field to a hard coded 5468. its working. can someone help with this!

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @newbieBanti 

We would need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured to have full context.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@newbieBanti 

We would need to see how your Zap step is configured to have full context.

I’m having a similar issue with not being able to locate the word. T Am I missing anything?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @brett007 

Looks like you have a Supporting Lookup Column configured (same field), that you may need to clear or adjust.

Thank you for your quick response! This solved the issue however it still does not solve what I want to automate which is:

1. Trigger once new label created
  2. Look for address in subject line of new label email and match in google sheets
  3. Identify the email address for that address in google sheets
  4. Send email using email address from that row found in google sheets

It worked for the test but then when I sent an email and try labeling it, no email was automated and sent. Any suggestions with this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@brett007 

Check your Zap Runs history for activity and to see the DATA IN/OUT for each step to help you trace the data flow and troubleshoot: https://zapier.com/app/history/

All the Gmail Zap app triggers are scheduled meaning those can take a few mins to fire.

Hmm. I just tried with another address and it’s giving me the same error. 🤦🏽 I will try again later...

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@brett007 

We would need to see screenshots from the live Zap Run showing the DATA IN/OUT for each step to have context along with the encountered error.

Same error as last. I did exactly as before but just used a different address and didn’t work this time. It worked after I removed address in Supporting Lookup Column as you had suggested but now doesn’t work again using a new address. I kept everything exactly the same

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@brett007 

We would need to see screenshots for the Zap Run data: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Perhaps record and share a Loom.com video to give context.