Question

LinkedIn Authentication Issue: Unable to Re-authenticate on Zapier.

• 22 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi, We had some problems last week with date errors between zapier and linkedin. However it was working for awhile. We have to re-authenticate every 60 days for the linkein accounts. On trying to reauthenticate we just get a zapier error that says they are looking into it. 

I raised a ticket yesterday morning but no response, I cannot see other people effected currently so am trying to see if this is widespread or just me :). 

The error after putting in username/password is a generic zapier uh oh message.

Can anyone advise if they are also having a problem and if there is anyway to contact zapier support over waiting on a reply.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Adam B, welcome to the Community! 

I’m so sorry to hear you’ve not have a response from Support yet, I’ll do my best to help get you an answer here! 🙂 

Does the generic error you’re getting say “API versions should have date format as YYYYMM or YYYYMM.RR where RR is the revision” by any chance? 

If yes, then it’s likely you’re running into the issue that’s being discussed here: 

Let me know if that’s the case and I’ll get you added to the list of affected users.

If that’s not the error you’re getting, can you please share a screenshot showing the full error message? I’d like to take a look at the full error to see if it gives any clues as to what might be causing the issue here. Please remove/hide any private information (like names, email addresses etc.) from the screenshot before sharing . 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Hi Thank you for getting back to me, we did have that message last week, but I think that one is resolved. We noticed that it was saying to update the linkedin app. After clicking that we have an error around an incorrect state. We re-freshed the fields and it looks like its worked. 

I think in this case it maybe just that we were on an older version of the linkedin app and something where you re-authenticate no longer worked. Worth monitoring as it only started yesterday and maybe as linkedin reauthentication has to happen it might become more apparant.

I am going to try a couple of others over next few days but hopefully its all good!

thanks

Adam

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for keeping us updated, @Adam B! Glad to hear this is good to go. 🤗

Keep us posted if it pops up again!