Skip to main content

I have a Zap set up that sends a message to a member in Circle when a record is created in Airtable. 

However, the line breaks aren’t preserved in the Circle message. Any suggestions on how to insert line breaks in a Circle message?

Hi @Tega 

For us to have more info, post screenshots with how your Zap step is configured in EDIT mode.

Try clicking the Field label to see a tooltip with extra info about the field.

You may need to try asking Circle Support for help as to how to format the message with line breaks.

Hi @Troy Tessalone thank you responding. 

Here’s an image of the message in Circle.

But the actual message delivers in circle without the line breaks.

@Tega 

You have to get confirmation form Circle Support, but the Message Body field may support one of these formats:

• Markdown
  • HTML

Hi @Tega,

Unfortunately, HTML and Markdown is not supported in the Circle “Send Direct Message” action at the moment. However, we do have an existing feature request for this exact functionality. I have added you to the open feature request. That does a few things:

I have put in a feature request for this on your behalf. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

In the meantime, you can stay in the loop/follow along with updates on the main thread here: 

Hopefully, this helps.

For anyone that comes across this and wants to be added please reach out on the main topic for this issue here and we’ll get you added to the feature request.