Best answer

Identifying correct file in the New Folder issue: Extracting Zoom recording for ChatGPT Follow-up email Workflow

Userlevel 1

Hello, I am creating a workflow to take zoom recordings and run them through ChatGPT to construct a follow up email to my clients. Currently, I am saving the Zoom recordings within a specific folder on my companies OneDrive (locally not on the Zoom Cloud). When Zoom saves these files it is saved within a new folder which includes three seperate files within it. One of these files is the one I need. My current Zap looks as follows:

OneDrive (New Folder Trigger)

Create Transcription in OpenAI

Conversation in ChatGPT

Send Email in Gmail

I am having diffciulty identifying the correct file within the new folder created. This is my first zap and cannot figure out how to point to the correct new file which is being generated. 

The more apt trigger is when a new file is created but when Zoom downloads the recording to my machine it saves it as a folder as there are 3 files which are downloaded.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 27 June 2023, 02:18

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ncrippen 

Good question.

As step 2 in the Zap, try adding a Filter: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

You can specify the file format/type you want to process.

Userlevel 1

Thank you @Troy Tessalone ! I have been playing around with the filters and am still coming to the same issue. I am pointing the trigger at a folder but the item I need is within a subfolder. I can’t point the the trigger to that subfolder because it hasn’t been created it! I hope this is clear, sorry, first zap. 

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ncrippen 

The OneDrive New File trigger will only find files in the specified folder, not subfolders.

Userlevel 1

Thank you @Troy Tessalone I developed a workaround (with the help of a filter) which has the zap working.

Now I have run into a new error - the file I am sending to OpenAI to transcribe is too large. Do you have any recommendations on solving this issue (compression, splitting file, all on zapier?)

Your feedback has been very helpful, thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ncrippen 

Are you using just the audio file from Zoom? (since you only need the audio transcribed)

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone 

Yes, average file is 1 hour long 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ncrippen 

There is a 25MB file size limit for OpenAI transcriptions via a Zap action.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone you are the best thank you!!

@ncrippen you mentioned having a workaround using a filter. I am trying to do something similar, downloading a file from within a folder that hasn’t been created yet. Could you plz share a little more about how you got it working? Thank you!!

Userlevel 1

@Thomas C. are you zapping that file to another app? If so you want to make the trigger within OneDrive - New File and point it to the folder where that file will be saved.

My issue was 3 files were bneing saved at once so I added in a filter to make sure only the file I needed was pulled. You can share more details on your project and I can see if I can help

@Thomas C. are you zapping that file to another app? If so you want to make the trigger within OneDrive - New File and point it to the folder where that file will be saved.

My issue was 3 files were bneing saved at once so I added in a filter to make sure only the file I needed was pulled. You can share more details on your project and I can see if I can help

Yes, I’d like to zap the file to Wordpress media. My issue is with subfolders. I am looking in one specific folder, and when a new sub folder is created I want to take all the images from that new subfolder into Wordpress media. (So I don’t know the folders yet)

NOTE: I guess I have two different zapier community accounts on different devices? 🤦🏻

Userlevel 1

@tc_goodlife_ @Thomas C. OK I was not able to figure this out. What I was able to do was have the items be created as indiviudal files instead of in a new sub folder. 

@tc_goodlife_ @Thomas C. OK I was not able to figure this out. What I was able to do was have the items be created as indiviudal files instead of in a new sub folder. 

Thank you