Skip to main content
Best answer

Google Tasks error: The app returned “The Auth is expired”

I have quite a few zaps utilizing Google Tasks, however I just tried creating another and I get the error “The Auth is expired” when trying to select an account. I have tried reconnecting it but to no avail. I have tried a couple other Google accounts as well and they all give me the same error. Is this an issue with Google Tasks at the moment or am I missing something?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

80 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @tariqahmad 👋

Happy to confirm that you’ve been added to the list of affected users. We’ll be in touch via email once a fix is in place. 

Hi, can I please be added to the list as well? Thanks

Yep, this issue with Google Tasks is becoming a real bother as I use Google Tasks as my to-do list. ‘Auth has expired’ seems to be occurring completely at random. Please add ne to the email list too for when it has been resolved.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello @Jason M and @ArtLish. 👋

Very sorry to hear that you’re both being affected by this issue as well. Still no ETA on when this will be resolved by. But you’ve both been added to the list so we’ll definitely be in touch by email the minute this gets sorted.

Yep, it’s a bit of a bother. Appreciate it, thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You are most welcome, @ArtLish. We’ll be in touch by email and in the thread here as soon as we have any updates to share on this.

Thank you all for your continued patience in the meantime. 🙂 

Please add me to the affected members, thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Rania. 👋 

We’ve added you to the list of members that are being affected by this issue. You can expect an email update from us as soon as it’s been sorted.

Can you please add me to the affected user list?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for reaching out here, @automater. You’ve been added to the list of affected users as well. We’ll notify you by email once it has been resolved.

Could you also add me to the affected user list?

Hello, can you please add me into affected users

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @VictorArsjad and @Tomca. I’ve added you both to the list so you’ll definitely get an email notification from us once it’s been resolved.

Hello every body !

I have the same problem😕. If you can add me into the affected users too.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @LucasLS! 👋

I’ve added you to the list now. I can’t make any promises as to when this will be resolved by but you’ll definitely get an email from us the minute it’s been fixed.

Please add me in. this is so frustrating. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’m so sorry that you’re being affected by this issue too, @Nauman Dar. I’ve added you to the list as well so we can notify you by email once a fix is in place.

Thank you all for your ongoing patience here. Really wish I had a workaround to suggest or timeline for when this will be resolved by but we’ll definitely share any news or updates we come across in the thread here. 

Please add me to the list, too. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Mox12. You’re on the list so we’ll be in touch with an update as soon as it’s resolved. 🙂

Please add me to the affected members as well.  Trying to move 12 tasks from Trello to Google Tasks.  Auth is Expired and cannot reconnect.  Would be easier just to do them manually.

Hi @SamB Would you please add me to the list too?

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there @Robb Fleischer and @CarlosP. So sorry you’re also being impacted by this. I’ve added you both to the list so you can expect an email from us as soon as it’s sorted.

Any update on this Zapier? This bug was reported 2 months ago and I’m not seeing any urgency on your part. Please add me to the list to be updated.

Please add me to the list.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for reaching out here @bolldev and @solemneyed. I’ve added you both to the list of users being impacted by this issue so you’ll definitely get an email form us to let you know once it’s been fixed.

Thanks for everyone’s patience here, I know this issue has been ongoing for quite some time now. I can’t make any promises as to when a fix will be implemented by. But I did come across a recently suggested workaround shared by Support that may be help to prevent Zaps from missing any data if they’re switched off as a result of repeated “The Auth is expired” and/or “Request a higher quota limit” errors:

“In the meantime, one possible workaround is to use the Zapier Manager to switch the Zap back on when it's switched off.

The following setup should allow you to do this:

1. Zapier Manager: Zap Turned Off
  2. Zapier Manager: Turn Zap On

This solution wouldn't stop the errors, but it would avoid losing any data because the Zap is off.”

Hopefully that workaround helps to keep your workflows running while a fix is still outstanding. 🤞