Skip to main content
Best answer

Google Tasks error: The app returned “The Auth is expired”

I have quite a few zaps utilizing Google Tasks, however I just tried creating another and I get the error “The Auth is expired” when trying to select an account. I have tried reconnecting it but to no avail. I have tried a couple other Google accounts as well and they all give me the same error. Is this an issue with Google Tasks at the moment or am I missing something?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

80 replies

Hey Team!

Please add me to the affected user list as well. Thanks! :)

Hey Team!

Please add me to the affected user list as well. Thanks! :) having the same issue!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Zac P and @Dart,

Apologies for the delay in a response! I’ve added you both to the list of impacted users now, so we’ll be in touch by email the minute it’s resolved. 

I have the same same problem since 4 days 😭

I use Zapier just for this automation…
I don’t understand why it dont works

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sorry to hear that your Zaps are being affected by this too, @Flo-MonFeedback.

We’ve added you to the list of folks being impacted by this which helps to increase it’s priority and will ensure you get a notification by email as soon as it’s solved.

Hi @SamB please add me as well

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @moeyster 👋 I’ve added you to the list as well now. We’ll notify you by email as soon as it’s sorted! 

Hi @SamB please add me to the list as well, thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there, @vrnczl 👋

Still no news on when this will be fixed by but you’re on the list so you’ll get an email from us the moment a fix has been shipped! 🙂

Please add me to the list

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Robin Korver.

I’ve added you to the list as well. Once it’s been resolved we’ll send you a notification by email to keep you in the loop.

Thanks for everyone’s continued patience while this is being worked on. We’ll be sure to share an update here as soon as we have any news on a fix! 

Add me to the affected list too please. 

@SamB Might you please add me too?

Yes please add me to the list also, thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Dzerd, @thancock and @bboyd. 👋

Happy to confirm that you’re all on the list so we’ll definitely be in touch the minute this issue with the Google Tasks app as been fixed. Thanks for your patience and understanding in the meantime. 

Hi! Can you please add me to this list as well? I also have the issue with my Zap connecting Firestore to Slack.

Hello, Please add me to the list as well, Zaps I set up to Google Tasks on both my account and partner’s account aren’t working, getting this error.

Facing the same issue! Please help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @turbosnail9, @rabbiterman and @dexter-san. 👋

I’m so sorry you’re all running into these same errors in your Zaps as well. I’ve added you all to the list of affected users which helps to increase it’s priority. I can’t give any sort of ETA on when this should be resolved by but we’ll be in touch as soon as it is.

Same issue here.  Probably going to switch services.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’m so sorry to hear that @upshot. I’ve gone ahead and added you to the list as well so we’ll be able to notify you when a fix is shipped.

Really appreciate everyone's ongoing patience and understanding in the meantime. I hope it can be resolved soon! 🤞

Please add me to affected users list as well.

Userlevel 1

Hello, please also add me as an affected member we have the same issue!!!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @Devon Mcginnis and @Recess Truck! 👋

Happy to confirm that you’re both on the list now, so you’ll definitely get an email notification from us once it’s been sorted.