Best answer

Google Tasks error: The app returned “The Auth is expired”

• 12 August 2023
  • 78 replies

Userlevel 2

I have quite a few zaps utilizing Google Tasks, however I just tried creating another and I get the error “The Auth is expired” when trying to select an account. I have tried reconnecting it but to no avail. I have tried a couple other Google accounts as well and they all give me the same error. Is this an issue with Google Tasks at the moment or am I missing something?

icon

Best answer by hoon 8 December 2023, 19:34

View original

78 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @kenitafarms,

Before we dig deeper into this, do you have multiple Google Tasks connection under your “My apps” page: https://zapier.com/app/connections. If so, could you please try deleting those and try creating a new one?

Please give that a try, and let me know how it goes! 😊

Userlevel 2

Deleted them all and added a new one. Still get the same error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there, @kenitafarms!

It looks like you reached out to our Support team about this as well and had managed to get the account reconnected successfully. Did you try anything different when connecting or did it just start working again on it’s own? I’m sure there are others in Community that might be running into the same issue and could benefit from your experience here.

Looking forward to hearing from you! 🙂 

Userlevel 2

It rectified itself about 24 hours later. Not sure what was causing it.

Userlevel 1

I’m having the same problem, tried multiple things without sucess. Please help

Userlevel 1

I’m having the same problem; this is the 2nd time in the last 2-3 weeks. Last time it fixed on its own but it took about 24 hrs  like kenitafarms mentioned. I tried deleting all my connections and re-connecting from scratch; nope. I deleted my zap AND connections and started from scratch; nope. My auth was expired the second I remade my new connection. I am out of ideas on what to do. I am also on a free plan so I cannot reach out to support. Please help!!!

Userlevel 1

Have the same problem at the moment. Also deleted everything and restarted it, but still not working.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Gablp, @Nana Y. and @Bekas Ilias! 👋 Sorry to hear that you’re all running into the same issue with Google Tasks. 

I’ve been doing some further digging on this side and it seems that there’s a bug report regarding a “Request a higher quota limit” error, this issue is also causing some authentication to fail. This would explain why the issue seems to resolve itself after 24 hours as the rate limit for the day would have been cleared. 

I can’t give any estimate as to when this will be resolved by. But I’ve gone ahead and added everyone here to the list of affected users so that we can notify you all by email the moment it’s resolved. Really sorry to not have a workaround or immediate fix to suggest here. We’ll be sure to share any updates we have in the thread here in the meantime.

Userlevel 1

Hi @SamB ! Thank you for looking into this problem and adding us to the list of affected users!
I guess we would have to patiently wait until Zapier goes further into the issue and get to the core..?

The one zap I have kept throughout this whole issue has been turned off again yesterday. Whenever this auth issue comes up, my zap usually turns itself off and it also usually consists of some kind of throttling either on zapier side or google side. I’m wondering if these two problems are related to each other? Because when this throttling issue occurs, I would have to go back and edit my zap and that’s when the auth issue comes up. 

One of maybe two or three types of errors I’ve gotten in the past month look like this.

This error occurred so sudddenly; at that time frame my trigger sheet was not edited or updated at all. So there could not have been an overload with quota limit on either end since “nothing happened”.

UPDATED: Help no longer needed.  Zoho Flow was able to create on first try and currently working. 

Hope you can resolve the issue for the others soon.

PREVIOUS POST: I am having the same issue with Google Tasks and Zapier indicating that “This auth is expired.”  Please add me to the list.  It is very frustrating.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @JJS,

I have added you as another affected member to the bug report. We will keep you in the loop via email once there’s a fix available.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Can you add me in the affected member loop as well? I have the same issue with Google Tasks for the second time in a month. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Fannie,

I’m sorry to hear that. I have added you as well to the list of affected members. We will let you know via email once there’s an update.

Thank you for your patience.

Please add me to the affected members, too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Mox12,

I have added you to the list of affected members as well. We will let you know via email once there’s a fix available.

Hey @ken.a can you please add me to the list? I’ve been struggling with my only two Notion-Goggle Tasks zaps. They keep returning error “this auth is expired” after working correctly for a day or so, it just doesn’t get better. 

Please add me to affected users list as well.  Google Tasks cannot reconnect.  I am a paid subscriber. I will try a support ticket also.

Add me to the list.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello @Cesar1504@energetics and @dubosegriffin! 🙂

I’ve gone ahead and added all of you to the list of affected users now so you can expect to hear from us by email the minute it’s fixed. And we’ll definitely share any updates or workarounds we come across in the thread here.

Hello, Please add me to the list as well, Zaps I set up to Google Tasks on both my account and partner’s account aren’t working, getting this error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’m so sorry to hear that, @BerthaARGH. I’ve added you to the list so you can expect an email from us as soon as it’s resolved.

Can you please add me to the list as well

same problem😥 add me to the list pls

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Laura.Mauger and @RealRio. 👋

I’ve added you both to the list now. The bug report is still open, but we’ll be sure to notify you all by email as soon as it’s been fixed. 

Please add me to the affected user list. Thank you.