Question

Google Sheet Syncing

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi, can someone help me please. The syncing on the Mastersheet is not quite right.

So it should be, everytime a new data come in should be at the bottom, but the data will came randomly in any row. 

There’s no error on the zaps that I receive,

Is there any thing that I can fix in here? Thank you

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @keycamillereyes 

Welcome to the Community! I'm sorry you’re having trouble with your Zap.

You mentioned the Mastersheet, can you tell me more about it or is it about the worksheet in Google Sheets?

Here’s a helpful article about the common problems in Google Sheets: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8495995099533-Common-Problems-with-Google-Sheets-on-Zapier.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi thank you for your prompt response really appreciate it, yes the Google Sheet. 

When new data come in it will be added to a certain row which is random. Like for example. 

The bottom row data is row #300 so the new data should be in row#301. But, it will populate in the random row like a pattern it will popped in row #250 and the next data always pop in that certain row

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi there @keycamillereyes can you do us a favor and share a screenshot of the current Zap setup you have? Please be sure to remove any personal information! That will help us get a better understanding of where the sheet may be going awry. 

While we wait for that, a few ideas that may help in the meantime are disconnecting and reconnecting the sheet to the Zap, or turning the Zap off if you have to make any changes which can often cause errors (see below) 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Rachael! Here’s the Zap I’m using connected to the sheet that has error.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @keycamillereyes 

Apologies for the confusion.

Could you send screenshots of how you have set up the steps of the Zap? (If there’s any personal information, kindly blur them.) This would allow us to check further.

Looking forward to your response!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @keycamillereyes 

Apologies for the confusion.

Could you send screenshots of how you have set up the steps of the Zap? (If there’s any personal information, kindly blur them.) This would allow us to check further.

Looking forward to your response!

Hi, here’s the screen record for the steps on each for my Zap. Please check this:

Thank you so much!🙏 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @keycamillereyes - 

After reviewing your video, (very helpful, thank you 😀), I’m not noticing anything inherently wrong with your setup, leading me to believe this may be a bug. If that is the case, we can go ahead and get this reported for the dev team. Can you please kindly confirm that you have attempted to take the steps Rachael mentioned previously. I have seen this happen before in my own experience, however disconnecting and reconnecting solved my issue. You can also try to duplicate this in a separate Zap and see if the behavior continues. I know it sounds weird, but sometimes Zaps just don’t want to cooperate, so we have to start over and try again. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’ve tried the disconnect and reconnect, also tried duplicating the zap but still the data result in the mastersheet  not right. Please let me know what I can do here to get back to the right syncing please🙏🏻

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @keycamillereyes,

Just wanted to jump in and offer some assistance.

Before we go ahead and file a bug report, I have a hunch that there might be some blank rows in your spreadsheet that could be causing the Zap to add random rows. Would it be possible for you to send us a screenshot of the spreadsheet so we can confirm this? Just make sure to blur out any personal information.

Thanks so much! 😊