• 12 October 2023
  • 1 reply

And here’ the same issue with Google Groups

Tony Berg

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @TonyB, welcome to the Community! 🎉

Hope you don’t mind but we split your reply out into it’s own topic since the error is coming from the Google Groups app, not the Google Tasks app. 

I did some digging and found a bug report for the Google Groups app where the authentication token is frequently expiring, resulting in the same “This auth is expired” error you’re seeing here. So I’ve gone ahead and added you to the list of folks being affected by this issue. We can’t make any promises around when you can expect this to be sorted by, but you’ll get an email notification from us once this issue has been resolved.

In the meantime, I found a case where a user was able to get rid of the errors by disabling Advanced Protection. Not sure if you have Advanced Protection enabled in your Google Account but if you do, can you try disabling that feature (How do I turn off Advanced Protection?) to see if that then allows the Zap to connect to your Google Groups account without it expiring so frequently?

Eager to ensure you’re all set so please do let us know whether that does the trick! 🙂