Best answer

Google Docs error: The app returned "File not found

• 11 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3

Saw this thread from a few months back and looks like I’m hitting the same problem still today…Thread: “Google Docs error: The app returned "File not found: 1FA5jnpDX2_dlvbQ-1jds--T7oAwe9RI7HPCFCBKLhuw"”

Basic summary is when creating a google doc from a template the doc will load in correctly to my drive but it throws an error message on my zap saying it didn’t find the file… this is an issue because after a number of fails Zapier will turn off the Zap

Top pic shows my error… bottom 2 shows my doc doing into my correct folder and the template getting filled in correctly with the fields i needed to auto populate

I was thinking about trying a work around where I keep everything in My google drive and then just end by texting myself to move the folders over to the team drive but I’d rather avoid this if I can 😏

Anybody have a better answer or workaround let me know!

icon

Best answer by SamB 12 July 2023, 12:21

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Woozie83! 👋

Ah yes, I did some checking and it seems that error relates to a known bug with the Google Docs app. I can’t give an ETA on when it will be sorted by but I’ve added you to the list of affected users so we’ll be in touch as soon as that’s fixed.

In the meantime, the suggested workaround would be to clear the value for the Sharing Preference field and then add a separate Add File Sharing Preference (Google Drive) action to set the sharing preferences that way.

I’ve re-opened the original topic for this issue that had auto-closed, so we can continue to track affected users there:

I’m going to close this topic out now so we can keep track of things in a single thread. For anyone who comes across this and wants to be added please head over to the main topic and we’ll be happy to add you to the list! 🙂