Question

Google Ads error: This conversion is reported to have happened before the click associated with the given identifier or iOS URL parameter., at conversions[0].conversion_date_time

Badge +1

Hi team 

Error: This conversion is reported to have happened before the click associated with the given identifier or iOS URL parameter., at conversions[0].conversion_date_time

I’m setting up a Google Ads Offline Conversions Zap. It should be pretty straightforward. Conversion occurs and is recorded in Podio (our CRM), recorded in zap via new item, delay in zap (24 h), push to Google Ads account. 

However, I keep getting the above error and can’t figure out how to solve it. Of course it’s not the case that the conversion occurs before the click. (The time zones seem to be the same on Google Ads and Podio.) 

Please advice. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Iliana!

You might be on the right lines looking at the timezone settings here.

It would be good to know if the time sent to Google Ads is the same one they say they have received. If you look in your Zap history and look at a Zap run for this Zap, when you look at the Data in and Data out for the Google Ads step, do those times match? 

I would also recommend checking the timezone for the Zap. By default, Zaps use the timezone in your account settings. You can also set timezones for specific Zaps in the Zap settings

​I hope that's clear, please let us know if you have any questions!

Badge +1

Thanks @Danvers 

The time zone on the zap account is correct. 

Attached you will see the data out of the step prior to the google ads step as well as data in to Google Ads. I’m not entirely sure what I’m looking at here. The time for data in is currently reflecting when the lead was created for what then later became a booking (conversion). Is this were the issue might be? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @Iliana,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I looked at the screenshot, and it seems like the issue here is on the “Time” field we're receiving this error due to the time field having a value prior to the current time:

81e897ec37b916afe9a5061fd28fd1aa.png
(view larger)

To test, could you please try mapping the “Released At” data to the “Timestamp” field in your Google Ads step?

Kindly give that a try and keep us posted! 😊

Badge +1

Hi @ken.a 

Thanks for this. I’m not that familiar with Zapier yet so I actually don’t follow exactly what I need to do. Could you elaborate a bit more in detail on the steps? 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Iliana,

No worries! You would want to map the output of the delay step (the step before the Google Ads) to the “Timestamp” field in the Google Ads step. Here’s an example showing the “Released At” data.

59aa73e2f6da21a2782bf8106aa15d1c.png
(view larger)

Hopefully this helps! 😊

Badge +1

Ok I have now done that but when testing the zap I get an error again. 

Error message: 

Failed to create an offline conversion in Google Ads

Date is after allowed maximum., at conversions[0].conversion_date_time

Any suggestions for a next step? :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Iliana,

If you're getting an error because the DateTime value is earlier than the Click DateTime, don't worry! Just skip the testing step and turn on the Zap. As long as the conversion timestamp comes after the Click timestamp, everything should work fine, hopefully.🤞

Give it a shot, and let us know how it goes. And if you have any questions, keep us posted.

Thanks! 😊

Badge +1

Ok let’s hope it will work then. I’ll def keep you posted

Badge +1

It’s working now :) 

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Iliana 

That’s good to hear!

Let us know if you need further assistance, we’d be happy to help! 😊