Best answer

Getting tagged with all states instead of selected one in the Filter step.

• 14 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I would like to link WPForm to Mailchimp via Zapier 

I have created a form on WPForms with a field called Location. Originally this was a drop down field with abbreviations of Australian states e.g. (NSW, VIC...) and also an International option.

Through Zapier I made multiple zaps with the filter feature for example 

AND 

I made a zap for each option in the form with the same principle just changing the filter for each respective state.

However when I have tested the form on my website I have been tagged with all the States and the international tag not just the one that i submitted in the form.

I then tried to change the field to a text field however it is still tagging with every option I have made a zap for even though i only type one answer e.g. NSW in the field.

Please help.

icon

Best answer by ken.a 22 September 2023, 11:10

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @katace,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

It looks like you may have mapped the condition instead of typing it on the last column of the filter field. Like so:

eba40dad1bc9e1c803fba666b9923553.png
(view larger)

You will need to do this on your other filter step as well. You can learn more about using Filter by Zapier here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496327332621-Add-branching-logic-to-Zaps-with-filters#1-create-the-first-zap-and-filter-0-0

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Userlevel 1

Hi @ken.a,

Thanks for the reply. 

I tried writing the condition however I was then tagged with nothing when I tested it. Is this what you meant? 

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @katace,

Let's clarify things a bit. From your initial inquiry, it seems you're looking to add WPForms entries to Mailchimp based on the submitter's location, right? If that's the case, using the “Filter by Zapier” step is the right move.

Here's a breakdown:

Say a customer fills out a form and indicates their location as “NSW”. Your filter setup would look something like this:

02c9f493ef21124b16c1d16b94e2fb57.png
(view larger)

If you want to categorize customers in Mailchimp based on their location, you'll need to set up individual Zaps for each location.

You can learn more about Filter by Zapier here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496276332557#1-add-a-filter-step-0-0

Hopefully, this helps!

Userlevel 1

Hi @ken.a 

Thank you for clarifying :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

You are most welcome @katace! Glad I was able to point you in the right direction.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗