Question

Filters are skipping steps incorrectly. "Skipped" status for all zaps.

• 30 April 2024
  • 4 replies

I have zaps that have been working seamlessly for years that are now showing a status of "skipped" for every job instead of the status showing as “success” or “filtered” depending on the conditions used in the filter step. I attempted to rebuild them from scratch, but I'm getting the same result. 

Even when the Filter conditions were met and the action step required to return the information needed for the filter was successful, this happens. All of the data is there in the "Data Out" of the trigger action. It seems to "skip" the filter action without even attempting to apply the specified conditions. 

This is an example of a job where the data in the trigger step is present and the conditions were met, but it skipped anyway instead of showing as “success”. The "Data In" of the filter step simple shows "no data available":

https://zapier.com/editor/237872770/run/001d76c5-7d88-a2d9-a534-1921d95a3851/237872770

Here is one where the condition was not met, but it still did nothing and went into a "skipped" status instead of “filtered”:

https://zapier.com/editor/237872770/run/001d76c5-f20e-a15c-a97d-616cc27109b1/237872771

Please let me know if anything else is needed. 

4 replies

Continued: I forgot to mention this works as expected when testing each step in the zap builder. The same exact data payload from the trigger that works when testing fails and goes into “skipped” status once the zap published. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @danielp92_gocanvas,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, would you mind sharing a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Also, please share a screenshot of the Zap runs that you linked.

Thanks!

This issue appears to have resolved itself. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

YAY! Glad it’s resolved now, @danielp92_gocanvas. Really appreciate you following up here to let us know! 🤗

If anything changes please do reach out in the Community again. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡