Best answer

Failed to create a post in Vista Social: The app returned "unexpected error creating a post."

• 8 May 2023
  • 5 replies

I’ve connected all the channels I need but still failed to post

icon

Best answer by KnowTechie 14 August 2023, 11:17

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @avmapping,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, could you please send a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Especially, the “Action” section of the action step. Please don’t include/blur out any personal information in the screenshot.

Thanks! 😊

Userlevel 1

Hey @ken.a I’m having the same issue: 

Here’s a screenshot of my Action section: 

I have the ‘Save as draft’ currently set to now. I don’t want it set to draft. 

Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @KnowTechie,

Before we dive deeper, you mentioned that you don’t want it to set to draft. If that’s the case, have you tried setting the “Save as draft” field to “False”?

8a9dd073dcc1efb9bb3e82a4451920dc.png
(view larger)

Please keep us posted!

Userlevel 1

Correct, I didn’t want it saved as a draft, but when I sent you this screenshot, I was experimenting with everything to see if anything would correct the error. 

I ended up figuring out what happened: I was attempting to send duplicate tweets, and if you’re doing that over Twitter’s API, Twitter kicks it back as duplicate content. Which is why Vista shoots back an error. 

I ended up adding an extra step before Vista Social and have ChatGPT writing something unique before it even gets to Vista Social

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s great news! Glad to know you were able to get it sorted @KnowTechie!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We’re always happy to help! 😊