Question

Failed to create a post in Google My Business Couldn't create a post for this location: Request contains an invalid argument.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello :)

I get an error “Failed to create a post in Google My Business Couldn't create a post for this location: Request contains an invalid argument.” when I test the zap with following settings:

PhotoSource: The Url is online and reachable. (it’s a https-link to a WordPressPicture). If I post direct on Google Business with the same picture, than it’s fine. Could you help me please?

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Manolo777 

Good question.

You may have to try process of elimination for each field to determine which field is causing the error.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

I have tested it, if I remove the imageURL, than zapier post to Google Business. But if I call the imageURL in a browser, all is fine. So what could be the problem?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Manolo777 

The mapped variable from a Formatter step was blacked out so we have no context about what the actual value is.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone 

my ImageUrl: https://ab2go.de/wp-content/uploads/pexels-roman-odintsov-6574743-scaled.jpg

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone Is there any news about the solution?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Manolo777 

Can you post screenshots of how the Formatter in Step 2 is configured?

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone 
sure:

But this isn’t the problem, because I use the same formatter settings in other zapApps. Also the testing is fine.

​​​​​​​

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Manolo777 

You can try opening a ticket with Zapier Support to point out the issue: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone thank you, I will do.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Manolo777,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

and it seems like there might be a couple of reasons why you're encountering an error. It could be that the image you're attempting to send to Google My Business is either too large or in an unsupported format.

To troubleshoot this, could you please give it a shot with a different image? Just make sure that the image isn't too big and try using the .png format instead.

Please give that a try, and keep us posted! 😊

I am facing the same issue, Anyone Have solutions?
check screenshot as well

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there, @Asif Riaz! 👋

Sorry to hear you’re running into this issue as well. I can’t see any screenshot posted with your message here, would you mind uploading that again so we can take a closer look?

And can you also share a screenshot showing what fields and settings have been selected in the Action section of that Google My Business action? I’d like to take a look at that to see if there’s anything on the setup that might be causing the error here. 

In the meantime, can you also double-check that the image URLs you’re using for the Photo Source URL field are publicly accessible (meaning you don’t need to be logged in to be able to view them). 

Thanks, I look forward to your reply here!