Question

Facebook Messenger - “You can only send an automatic message within 24 hours” error

• 8 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello

I have the same error as above and have tried to modify/duplicate the test so it uses current data. I also set the recipient ID to the Sender ID but i still have the same issue. 

Has anyone managed to get this working yet?

thanks

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @sanjo, welcome to the Community!

Hope you don’t mind but I’ve split your post out from that old topic so it can be addressed here separately. 🙂

You mentioned that the “Sender ID” was selected for the Recipient ID field but the necessary field is called Sender Psid not “Sender ID”. There’s another field called ID that appears just under some of the other sender detail fields in the list of fields, so I just wanted to double-check that it’s the Sender Psid and not the ID field that’s been selected. Is that the case here?

If the correct field is selected, can you confirm whether the Sender Psid that’s been selected is for a person that has definitely sent a message within the past 24 hours? If they haven’t, can you try selecting a more recent test record in Facebook Messenger trigger and then test the Send Message from Page action again to see if it’s then able to go through successfully?

Look forward to hearing how that goes!

I am having the exact same issue and I definitely have the right sender section selected and I definitely am using a message that was sent within the last 24 hours but I keep getting the same error and I don't know what to do to fix it should I try having someone else send a message and use that message?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Bradley'splants 

Might be best to post your own topic with screenshots showing how your Zap steps are configured so it gets proper attention.