Best answer

Failed to create a send message from page in Facebook Messenger: You can only send an automatic message within 24 hours.

• 13 June 2023
  • 6 replies

I’m trying to integrate ChatGPT and FB Messenger for my business page and when it comes to the final test, I am getting the following message: 

How do I resolve this issue?
Thanks

Daniel

icon

Best answer by SamB 8 August 2023, 12:16

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @DanielTPC 

Good question.

24-Hour Messaging Window

Businesses have up to 24 hours to respond to a message sent by a person in Messenger when using standard messaging. More details on the policy are available on Facebook's doc.

Hi Troy,
Thanks for your response but I’m not sure I understood.  It has been 24 hours and I still haven’t gotten a response to the messages I tried testing the zap to.
Also the purpose of creating this zap is so that there isn’t much of a delay between when my business page receives a message and when that message gets a response sent out.
Is there anyone I can hop on a Zoom call with to help get this integration running?
Thanks

Daniel

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@DanielTPC 

When testing the Zap step it returned this error.

That means the data being used to test was past the 24 hour limit.

Help article about how to change the trigger test data to get newer/fresher data to test with: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496310366093

24-Hour Messaging Window

Businesses have up to 24 hours to respond to a message sent by a person in Messenger when using standard messaging. More details on the policy are available on Facebook's doc.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@DanielTPC

If you’re interested, you can look into hiring a Certified Zapier Expert: https://zapier.com/experts/automation-ace

Hello 
@DanielTPC @Troy Tessalone  have you found a solution? 
I have the same error message 
I tried to reach the support but no acceptable solution
Many thanks 
J

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi friends! 👋

@JV3106 - it looks like Support have responded and were able to get back to you with a solution. Sharing that here in case it’s helpful to others running into similar issues where the Recipient Page Id was selected instead of the sender_psid:

“Based on the screenshot, it looks like the issue may have something to do with the mapped Recipient Id value. Can you try mapping sender_psid from your trigger instead and see if that makes a difference?

Once that is updated, publish the change. Then try to replay the runs manually.
https://zapier.com/help/manage/history/replay-failed-zap-runs#manually-replay-failed-zap-runs

@DanielTPC - were you able to get things solved by selecting a new test record for a more recent message as Troy suggested?

If not, ensuring that the sender_psid field from the Facebook Messenger trigger has been selected for the Recipient ID field (on the Send Message from Page action) should help to clear the error. Please keep us updated on how you got on with this, looking forward to hearing from you! 🙂