Best answer

Facebook Lead Ads error: Failed to fetch a lead from Facebook Leads Ads

Today creating a new zap run got this problem, on all acounts! tried- Lead Ads Testing Tool Same problem! 

icon

Best answer by christina.d 9 September 2022, 01:06

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

26 replies

I wonder if its a glitch -  I have been using zapier for years and I am just now seeing this today

Userlevel 1

I am having the same issue. When using the FB lead ads testing tool to create a lead it says “Something went wrong. Please try again later.” It appears like the issue is FB related as I have tried creating various forms with multiple pages, but experience the same issue.

today everything to start normal! It was theyr issue.

Userlevel 1

today everything to start normal! It was theyr issue.

Have you been able to resolve the issue? If so how? I am still experiencing the same problem. Thanks

Userlevel 1

Still having same problem with 2 zaps.

Hey guys randomly had this issue with an single account today, did anyone find a work around?

Userlevel 1

im getting this same issue with an account. both with zapier and the fb testing tool 

I’m having the same issue with several accounts, any solution?

Userlevel 1

did you guys try disconnecting your facebook and reconnecting it to see if that works? the fb lead form works for 1 account but not for another so it seems random.

Hey guy, same problem since 4 days, what can i do?

Userlevel 1

It’s  “known issue”. I reached out to Zapier support and this is what I was told. They’re working on it with no ETA.

Best to submit support tickets so the list of affected zaps/accounts can escalate the problem.

I am having the same issue. I’ve tried everything to work it out. The FB lead testing tool is not working correctly either. I also tried Pabbly and having a similar problem there. It won’t download the lead data. This sounds like something on the FB side but I haven’t seen anyone else other than in this discussion talking about this. You’d think there would be a worldwide uproar if this was down for everyone.

did you guys try disconnecting your facebook and reconnecting it to see if that works? the fb lead form works for 1 account but not for another so it seems random.

yes 

I am having the same issue. I’ve tried everything to work it out. The FB lead testing tool is not working correctly either. I also tried Pabbly and having a similar problem there. It won’t download the lead data. This sounds like something on the FB side but I haven’t seen anyone else other than in this discussion talking about this. You’d think there would be a worldwide uproar if this was down for everyone.

Thanks Lead King - might ask FB for help also then. Very frustrating

Yes, I did: 

-disconnect facebook account from zapier

-delete the zaps already made in zapier

-connect facebook account in zapier again

-make the zaps from scratch again

It just doesn’t work!!!

Everything seems to be working fine again. Everyone else good now too?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey all! I’m so sorry for the late reply here.

I did some digging and it appears this is a known bug with the Facebook Lead Ads Testing Tool where there’s issue’s retrieving sample data. 😔 If you weren’t already on the list, I went ahead and added everyone to the bug report on our end. It might be worth reaching out to Facebook directly though in the link above. Once there’s a solution in place we’ll be sure to email everyone and post an update here as well! 

I did want to be sure to mention - if you skip testing in the trigger, you should still be able to proceed and publish zaps with the static sample data! 

Thanks for flagging this ya’ll and we’ll be in touch with any updates.

Hey all! I’m so sorry for the late reply here.

I did some digging and it appears this is a known bug with the Facebook Lead Ads Testing Tool where there’s issue’s retrieving sample data. 😔 If you weren’t already on the list, I went ahead and added everyone to the bug report on our end. It might be worth reaching out to Facebook directly though in the link above. Once there’s a solution in place we’ll be sure to email everyone and post an update here as well! 

I did want to be sure to mention - if you skip testing in the trigger, you should still be able to proceed and publish zaps with the static sample data! 

Thanks for flagging this ya’ll and we’ll be in touch with any updates.

Thank you for sharing information! I had some problems but now everything seems fine.

All the best, Jorge, 

work site

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey folks! Just coming in here to let you know this bug has been resolved. 🙂 If for some reason you continue to run into issues, feel free to reach out to our support team and they can help troubleshoot: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Hi I am still facing the issue. Seems the error is still there😢. Any idea how to resolve this?

Hey folks! Just coming in here to let you know this bug has been resolved. 🙂 If for some reason you continue to run into issues, feel free to reach out to our support team and they can help troubleshoot: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Same problem today.
How can I fix?

>

Failed to fetch a lead from Facebook Lead Ads

Error while retrieving: Test Lead Creation Failed. Failed to create test lead for the specified leadgen form

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Kida97 and @Kany78! Sorry to hear you’re still running into this.

I’d recommend opening a ticket with our friends in support for further troubleshooting.

Thanks so much!

Now, same problem :(

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hey @CesarL. 

Sorry to hear that you are still experiencing the same issue. I’d recommend opening a ticket with our support team to troubleshoot the issue further. Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey friends. I wanted to swing back around and update this topic. 

I’m sad to say, this bug was recently reopened 😔. In the interest of full transparency, our team still feels this is likely related to a bug on Facebooks end.

That said, this shouldn’t impact your ability to publish your zap, as you should be able to skip the test! 

Otherwise, our team shared this as a potential workaround:

1. Create a lead via the Lead Test tool - https://developers.facebook.com/tools/lead-ads-testing/
  2. Test the trigger in the Editor

If you’re running into this please continue to let us know here and we’ll add ya’ll to the report accordingly!

Thanks again for your patience and understanding.