Question

Facebook group post issue - The app returned "A security check is required to proceed.".

• 18 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Im scrapping data with browse ai as trigger and trying to automate a post in facebook group but Im having issues to post facebook group posts.  -  ERROR: The app returned "A security check is required to proceed.".

I have installed the Zapier app inside the facebook group but it is still not working.

Im an admin of the group BTW.

I did the same with discord and its working fine.

2 replies

Please help :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Andyfur,

I did some digging into the error you’re encountering, and it seems like this usually happens when Facebook suspects someone other than the account owner is attempting to log in.

Here are a few things you can try:

1. Reauthenticate the Facebook connection in Zapier using an incognito browser: Go to your Zapier dashboard, find the Facebook app, and try disconnecting and reconnecting it. This can sometimes resolve issues related to permissions or outdated access tokens.

2. Check the Facebook Group settings: Make sure that the group settings allow apps to post. You might also want to check if the Zapier app has the necessary permissions in the group settings.

3. Check the Facebook App settings: Go to your Facebook settings, then to the Apps and Websites section. Make sure Zapier is listed there and has the necessary permissions.

4. Try a different browser or clear your cache: Sometimes, browser-related issues can cause problems with Zapier and Facebook integration. Try using a different browser or clearing your cache and cookies.

Please give that a try, and let me know how it goes! 😊