Best answer

Facebook group "no data" found

• 10 April 2023
  • 9 replies

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Hi, I just created a zap from Facebook group to Discord. To make sure that when a new post is published in my Facebook group (of which I am the administrator) that the post is also published in a Discord channel.

However, at the test stage, although it finds some information. I doubt that this is correct, as it is at the "Action" stage in the upload to Discord. In the "Message text" section, most of the fields are empty! (no data). see the two screenshots below.

All connections and integration tests have been done successfully though.

Any ideas?

Here is the content that is published with the test. Also, if I post a message on the Facebook group, nothing happens. No message is transmitted to Discord.

icon

Best answer by Brem 13 April 2023, 00:35

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @thenamelessthing 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Based on the attached screenshots, some values pulled from the trigger have no data. That’s why the outcome in Discord didn’t have content.

That said, could you create another sample with complete information and test the trigger again?

Let us know if it works.

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

I don’t know if this is normal, but if I try “load more” here I obtain this error:

Now if I try to add every other fields. Only those in green seem to contains data..

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @thenamelessthing 

I'm sorry you’re having trouble with your Zap.

Upon checking our internal notes, the Zap will only trigger on approved posts, not on pending posts. If new posts are required to be approved by a group admin, they will only trigger the Zap once an admin approves them. Otherwise, they will be considered "pending posts" and not trigger the Zap.

So please approved those posts and then test the Zap again.

In fact, any person can post, the group does not require that posts be approved by an admin

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @thenamelessthing,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

In order to see if the trigger will capture the latest data, could you please create a test post on the Facebook group, and then click on "Load more" to see if the trigger picks up the latest data?

Pull in a live example in the sample data for your trigger by following these steps:

1. Open up the app that is sending information to Zapier. Create and submit a new entry that should trigger the Zap
  2. In a separate tab or window, open your Zap, and head to the “Test” section of the trigger. If sample data already exists, open the dropdown list of samples and select "Load More"
  3. The Zap will spend 10 seconds searching for more samples. If all went as it should, that new entry should appear in the list. If you don’t see that entry, select the “Load More” option again to pull in more samples

This guide can also help provide more details about setting up your Zap’s trigger:
https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/set-up-your-zap-trigger

Please give that a try, and keep us posted.

Thanks! 😊

Hey there @thenamelessthing,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

In order to see if the trigger will capture the latest data, could you please create a test post on the Facebook group, and then click on "Load more" to see if the trigger picks up the latest data?

Pull in a live example in the sample data for your trigger by following these steps:

1. Open up the app that is sending information to Zapier. Create and submit a new entry that should trigger the Zap
  2. In a separate tab or window, open your Zap, and head to the “Test” section of the trigger. If sample data already exists, open the dropdown list of samples and select "Load More"
  3. The Zap will spend 10 seconds searching for more samples. If all went as it should, that new entry should appear in the list. If you don’t see that entry, select the “Load More” option again to pull in more samples

This guide can also help provide more details about setting up your Zap’s trigger:
https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/set-up-your-zap-trigger

Please give that a try, and keep us posted.

Thanks! 😊

I followed these step carefully and when I click on “Load more” It doesn’t found my new post..

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @thenamelessthing 

Are you posting with a photo? If so, the trigger event that can be used is the New Photo trigger.

Hi @thenamelessthing 

Are you posting with a photo? If so, the trigger event that can be used is the New Photo trigger.

Bingo! You've got it. Although my post doesn't contain a photo and it's just a test post. If I choose "New Photo in Facebook group", now I see the data of my post. So I see the content appearing on Discord.

Is there any way to adjust the layout of the message sent to Discord? For example display the picture from the Facebook message but not display the url in the discord message.

And to display content after the image?

Actually my action message look like:

And on Discord it look like:

It will be nice if I can put the “URL Source” under the picture and just display the picture without the very long picture url…

Thank you for your help!

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @thenamelessthing 

Looking at our records, we currently have a feature request open to have an option to hide the URL. I'm happy to add you to this request, and should the team ever add support for this feature, we'll be sure to send you an email to let you know.

Also, I passed along your feedback to our design team regarding the layout of the message in Discord.