Question

External hyperlinks from Google Docs are creating redirects instead of clickable links in WordPress.

• 18 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Happy Friday!

I receive emails with a URL of a Google Doc that has been edited. The doc contains hyperlinks to external sources. 

The URL is being used to create new WordPress posts, but when the post creates the hyperlinks are being created as redirects instead of clickable links to the source. 

Any ideas how to avoid the redirect?

Currently extracting the URL from the email, converting it to a doc and uploading via a doc, but I’m not precious about sticking with this route, just need to get the post created with the clickable link and not the redirect.  

TIA

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Lynsey 

Good question.

We would need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to help give us more context.

@Troy Tessalone I’m experiencing the same issue with storing links to documents in HubSpot. Here is how the Zap is built:

1. We start with DocuSign envelope being completed in DocuSign.
  2. Then we have a filter that only allows envelopes with status Completed to go through.
  3. Then we are using two data formatting actions for date and email.
  4. Then we are finding the contact by email in HubSpot.
  5. Then we are splitting the Zap based on contact variables.
  6. Then we have three identical steps:
    1. Make sure the email subject line contains the necessary information.
    2. Uploading the signed contract to Google Drive (ignore the different action titles).
    3. Update the contact in HubSpot.

As you can see in the attached images, I’m using the “Document Download Link” from DocuSign in both cases. The document is saved in Google Drive without issues but when it updates the contact in HubSpot, the link changes to a Zapier redirect that gives the following error message:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

<Error>

<Code>AccessDenied</Code>

<Message>Access Denied</Message>

<RequestId>MS3WKTED20AMHJGQ</RequestId>

<HostId>MZvGPslroQ2Jh96NCUV4X3xblHxLaeRbEh4aVJf0+RpddlTvII6Y1ukGqPX8ks+WA++C3zh4fI0=</HostId>

</Error>

I hope this provides enough information.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Filip I. 

Best to post your own topic for your issue, thanks.