Best answer

Eventbrite data being forwarded as "info requested"

• 23 November 2023
  • 18 replies

Hi everyone,

We have been using eventbrite with zapier since a while and its providing great help to our business. We have been facing an issue recently; it is not happening to any of the particular event but in general zaps are not forwarding the correct data to our app sometime.

The current flow of the use case for our business is when some-one gets a ticket from eventbrite zapier forwards us the details of the individual; we have been receiving these details at an api end-point. The issue in particular is that we some time receive data in text as “info requested” for couple of fields. I am not sure about the root cause of problem as it looks like maybe zapier not able to retrieve eventbrite data correctly or forwards it correctly.

Looking for a quick fix or help on this. 

Thanks

icon

Best answer by ken.a 4 December 2023, 06:28

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @iungo 

Good question.

We would need to see detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured along with specific examples of the DATA IN/OUT from your Zap Runs.

https://zapier.com/app/history/

Hi Troy,

Please see attached screenshot for data in.

As I told you that it is sending the data to an api endpoint so the

data out is just a statement of completion of process.

The main issue lies in sending the data as you can see it is forwarding details as “Info Requested”

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@iungo 

Can you post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured?

We have just started getting the same issue in the last week or two - Eventbrite registrations are coming thru with “info requested” in the name and email fields. Also the fields marked as mandatory on the Eventbrite registration page (such as Company) are coming in as blank so our Zap integration logic isn’t handling these appropriately because the logic is built on the assumption that Company is populated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@MaRS Discovery District and @iungo 

You may want to reach out to Eventbrite Support and Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 1

Hi there,

This happens when one person orders multiple tickets and does not fill in the contact information for each ticket holder. Unfortunately, Eventbrite only requires the information for the ticket purchaser and requests the info for additional holders. Took me a while to find this on an Eventbrite support page. I’m not sure if there is any way to require the information. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @iungo and @MaRS Discovery District,

I did some digging into this and I've discovered that the problem is a known issue that's come up for a few of our users. This likely has to do with this experiment that Eventbrite is currently running where users can fill out a form after buying a ticket.

While a workaround isn't available, your notification is helpful, and we've proactively added your email to our issue report. I'm afraid I can’t provide an ETA for when this issue might be resolved because prioritization is largely dependent on the number of customers affected. You'll be the first to know via email when there's a resolution.

Hopefully, this helps.

I am running into this same issue, so annoying! Please keep us posted when/if you have a fix. Thank you!

Also, I just unchecked this box on the Order Form settings to see if that would help:

Allow attendees to edit information after registration

Offer your attendees the ability to edit the contact information after purchase

I *think* that unchecking that box worked. When I tried to register without filling in the form, it wouldn’t let me.

UPDATE - nope, didn’t work. :-(

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @jenoverholt,

It looks like our Support Team has added your contact information to the bug report, and I apologize if the workaround you found did not work.

For now, the best plan is to hang tight while our team tackles the bug. However, we don't have an ETA for the fix. As soon as everything's sorted, we'll drop you an email to let you know.

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi folks, 

Popping by to share that this issue has now been marked as resolved! 😁🎉

There’s a new Updated Attendee trigger available that will run whenever an individual event attendee is updated in Eventbrite. And should allow the necessary attendee details to be pulled through more consistently. 

Hope that helps. If you run into any issues in using that new trigger please let us know. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡

I just tried it but am still seeing the same behavior. I tried updating the Zap with the new trigger but it didn’t seem to work. :-(

Userlevel 1

Hi folks, 

Popping by to share that this issue has now been marked as resolved! 😁🎉

There’s a new Updated Attendee trigger available that will run whenever an individual event attendee is updated in Eventbrite. And should allow the necessary attendee details to be pulled through more consistently. 

Hope that helps. If you run into any issues in using that new trigger please let us know. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡

Hi Guys  it did not work :((((

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’m so sorry to hear that the new Updated Attendee trigger didn’t solve things for you here, @jwppers

I’d recommend getting in touch with our Support team so that they can look into this further. They’ll be able to re-open the previous bug report or open a new one as necessary. You can contact them via the form here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Please do keep us updated on how you get on with them. Keen to ensure this gets sorted! 

We tried to get around this by adding a delay (allowing time for data to be entered) but Zapier has already received the temporary data and continues to use that in the reast of the workflow.

If there was a way to make zapier recheck the Order and take the new information after the delay that may work

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@puzz1ed1 

After a Delay step, you would need to add a step to pull fresh data from an app.

Available Zap actions for Eventbrite.

We’ve managed to get this working now, so sharing the workflow as it may help others.

The Updated Attendee trigger only provides attendee info and no event info, so of limited value.

We have added a delay followed by Find Attendee to then get the correct information for the attendee - a bit clunky, and means we also needed to update all the following actions to pull personal data from step 3 and event data from step 1.

I solved this by switching to “ticket buyer” in the Eventbrite “Order Form” settings. First couple of tests worked. Previously (and I think by default), the Order Form was set to “Each Attendee.”