Question

Error when connecting MySQL Remote account: Authentication failed. Could not connect with zap100 and provided password.

• 26 June 2023
  • 1 reply

I entered all of my information correctly when attempting to authenticate the remote mysql connection and receive this error:

authentication failed: Could not connect with zap100 and provided password. The response we got from the server is included below for debugging purposes. (pymysql.err.OperationalError) (1130, "ec2-54-86-9-50.compute-1.amazonaws.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server") (Background on this error at: https://sqlalche.me/e/14/e3q8)

I checked with godaddy and they said I have no blocked IP addresses and they could not figure out on their end why the connection was failing.  The username, password and host info was entered correctly.  mysql version is 5.6.51-cll-lve.  Any idea?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I see MySQL Remote is an invite only integration.  We cannot look at this integration or prove that it is functioning.

Tell us, does your connection information work with AWS outside of Zapier?  AWS will need to trust your connection (i.e. certs, open firewall on 3306) in order to accept a client connection.