Best answer

Error: Invalid data for key Filename: Expected a string, but got a object

• 14 June 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi,

I am using ‘ a new file in folder’ zap to trigger a new file in Google Drive. I am passing file name and file link to an API workflow in bubble.io

When this zap is triggered automatically, I get the following error

But when I run the same zap step by step, It is working fine.

What could be the issue here?

icon

Best answer by Ram RP 15 June 2023, 04:40

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Ram RP! 👋

Hmm, that error seems to be suggesting that the file name field received a file object instead of the name. As this error is only occurring when the Zap is running, I wonder if there’s an issue with the selected fields.

Could you please share a screenshot of the fields that have been selected within the Action section in the step of the Zap that’s running into this error? Please remove/hide any private information from it first (like names, email addresses etc.). This will help us to better see if there’s anything in the set up of that action step that might be causing this error.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Ram RP! 👋

Hmm, that error seems to be suggesting that the file name field received a file object instead of the name. As this error is only occurring when the Zap is running, I wonder if there’s an issue with the selected fields.

Could you please share a screenshot of the fields that have been selected within the Action section in the step of the Zap that’s running into this error? Please remove/hide any private information from it first (like names, email addresses etc.). This will help us to better see if there’s anything int he set up of that action step that might be causing this error.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

This is the action setup of the details I am passing to bubble

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Ram RP -

Jumping in here to see if I can help! Based off the initial error screenshot you provided, and matching up to the Filename field, I noticed that what is populating in Title indicates an actual file. 

Do you know if on the backend of things, Title is populated with an actual file and not simply the name of said file? Does this make sense? Let me know if you’d like me to rephrase!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Ram RP -

Jumping in here to see if I can help! Based off the initial error screenshot you provided, and matching up to the Filename field, I noticed that what is populating in Title indicates an actual file. 

Do you know if on the backend of things, Title is populated with an actual file and not simply the name of said file? Does this make sense? Let me know if you’d like me to rephrase!

Hey, It started working all of a sudden again.

I did not do any changes. It is file name and not the actual file.

Thanks for all the help!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Ram RP,

That's great news! We're really happy to hear that everything is sorted out now.

If you happen to encounter the same issue in the future, feel free to reach out to us without any hesitation. We’re always happy to help! 😊

Hi,

I am using ‘ a new file in folder’ zap to trigger a new file in Google Drive. I am passing file name and file link to an API workflow in bubble.io

When this zap is triggered automatically Naturadiance, I get the following error

But when I run the same zap step by step, It is working fine.

What could be the issue here?

The issue you are facing could be related to the timing and synchronization of the actions in your Zap. When you run the Zap step by step, you are controlling the timing manually, which may allow sufficient time for certain processes to complete successfully.

However, when the Zap is triggered automatically, it may not have the same timing, resulting in errors or incomplete actions. This can occur if the previous action or process has not finished before the subsequent action is triggered.

Here are a few suggestions to troubleshoot and address this issue:

1. Check the order and dependencies of actions: Ensure that the actions in your Zap are sequenced correctly and do not have any dependencies that could cause timing issues. Review the triggers and actions to confirm that they are in the desired order.

2. Add delays between actions: Introduce a delay or pause between actions in your Zap to provide sufficient time for processes to complete. You can utilize built-in delay features in your automation platform or use tools like Zapier's "Delay" step.

3. Check for any rate limits or throttling: Some APIs or services may have rate limits or restrictions on the number of requests that can be made within a specific timeframe. Review the documentation or contact the API provider to ensure you are not exceeding any limits.

4. Monitor error logs and debug information: Analyze the error messages and logs provided by your automation platform or the services involved. They may offer insights into the specific issue and suggest potential solutions.

5. Test with a different triggering event: Try using a different triggering event or method to see if it resolves the issue. It could be that the specific triggering event you are using has inherent timing issues or limitations.

If the issue persists after applying these suggestions, reaching out to the support teams of your automation platform and the services you are integrating can provide further assistance. They may have additional insights or solutions specific to their platforms.