Question

Error: Failed to create a contact in Salesforce Could not create record of the "Contact" object: Primary Affiliation: id value of incorrect type: None

• 19 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi there,

I’m flummoxed and hoping someone can help. I’m trying to connect a Google Sheet that collects newsletter sign up information to Salesforce, however I get this message:

Failed to create a contact in Salesforce

Could not create record of the "Contact" object: Primary Affiliation: id value of incorrect type: None

Troubleshoot error

In our Salesforce, Primary affiliation field is required. I have set up an extra Zap step to search for the primary affiliation given in the Google sheet  in Salesforce , and if it doesn’t find one, to create a new account (i.e. primary affiliation for the person who has just signed up to the newsletter). 

I’m really stuck - any advise? 

Much appreciated,

Becky

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @BeckyT 

Good question.

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in order for us to have more context, thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @BeckyT! Just checking in here. As Troy mentioned, having some screenshots of your Zap steps would be helpful in navigating some troubleshooting around this.

Alternatively, something to consider is that if you’re testing the Zap when getting that error, you might be navigating some outdated/incomplete test data within your Zap. If you skip all tests, turn the Zap on, and trigger your Zap with brand new data, does the error still persist? If so, seeing those screenshots will be necessary for us to continue troubleshooting this one.

Keep us posted - we want to make sure you’re able to get up and running here!