Question

Error: Failed to create a contact in Keap The app returned "Input value is invalid: +1**********"

• 15 December 2022
  • 9 replies

Hello! I am trying to integrate RingCentral with Keap.

• Trigger: call ended in RingCentral.
  • Action: create or update contact in Keap.

I am getting an error related to the 'How To Check For Duplicates' field. From the custom options, I selected 'From Phone Number'. When I test the action, I got this error message:
Failed to create a contact in Keap
The app returned "Input value is invalid: +1**********"

What should I do? May you please help me? Thank you. @Troy Tessalone 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @CPR Team 

Good question.

Can you please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in order for us to have proper context?

You may want to try using this Zap action: Formatter > Numbers > Format Phone Number

Try formatting the phone number as just 10 digits.

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Hi @Troy Tessalone! Thanks for your response. Please see the screenshots below. I have also tried using Formatter as you suggested. I might be doing something wrong though. Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@CPR Team 

This field is a standardized dropdown field.

Remove the mapped variable and check the dropdown options.

@Troy Tessalone 

Below are the only options. They won’t work since RingCentral doesn’t automatically collect the caller’s email address and name.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@CPR Team 

Many CRM apps are based around email as the primary key, which is probably why those are the only 2 options available for duplicate checks.

@Troy Tessalone 

I see. So there is really no way to use contact numbers for duplicate checks? If so, I don’t think integrating RingCentral with Keap via Zapier will be helpful for us.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@CPR Team 

You can try to see if the Keap Find Contact Zap actions allows you to search by Phone.

If it does, then you can add Paths after the Zap to handle each use case: Contact exists VS Contact does NOT exist

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@CPR Team 

Switch to the Keap Max Classic Zapier integration and choose the Find Contact search action. Many people are unaware but the Keap and the Keap Max Classic Zapier integrations are built upon the same API and should work whether you use Keap or Max Classic. 

The Max Classic Zapier integration has a find contact action that supports phone1 as a dedupe field.  

Once a contact is found or created, you can use an update contact action (if need be) and map the contact id returned form the find contact step. 

Keap in mind an email is required to create a contact in Keap through Zapier…. since you don’t know the email address you may need to create a fake one based off the phone number that way you can create the contact and update the email address at a later date... i.e maybe something like {{phone_number}}@ring_central_lead.com

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@CPR Team Just stopping by to check in and see if you were able to set up a successful Zap? Looks like you there was a pretty solid breakdown above.