Question

Email Error Notification: Form Submission Failure and Unsent Email

• 26 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Boa noite, quando o formulário é preenchido, eu recebo um próprio email meu, dizendo que teve um erro, e o email não foi enviado. 

Moderator translation to English:
Good evening, when the form is filled out, I receive an email from me, saying that there was an error, and the email was not sent.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Studio Porta Amarela. Welcome to the Community! 🙂

Did the error state that the Zap failed to trigger? If so, can you please confirm which form app you’re using?

Alternatively, does the error message mention that the Zap is using an app that isn’t approved?

If yes, then it could be that the form app you’re using isn’t on Google’s list of approved apps. You can find more information on this and view the list of approved apps here: My Gmail Zap has an error about connecting to Google-approved or not-approved apps

If that’s not the issue, can you please share a screenshot of the full error message you received? Please remove/hide any private information (like names, email addresses etc.) from the screenshot before sharing here. That’ll help us to better identify what’s causing the error.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Hi @Studio Porta Amarela. Welcome to the Community! 🙂

Did the error state that the Zap failed to trigger? If so, can you please confirm which form app you’re using?

Alternatively, does the error message mention that the Zap is using an app that isn’t approved?

If yes, then it could be that the form app you’re using isn’t on Google’s list of approved apps. You can find more information on this and view the list of approved apps here: My Gmail Zap has an error about connecting to Google-approved or not-approved apps

If that’s not the issue, can you please share a screenshot of the full error message you received? Please remove/hide any private information (like names, email addresses etc.) from the screenshot before sharing here. That’ll help us to better identify what’s causing the error.

Olá, boa tarde!

O formulário foi criado pelo Typeform - conectei no Zap, através dele.

Essa é a mensagem de erro que aparece:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thank you for sharing that screenshot of the error @Studio Porta Amarela! At this time, I’d like to also request a screenshot of your Zap set up, similar to this. It will help us gain better insight on where the error may be occurring. 

Hi @Studio Porta Amarela. Welcome to the Community! 🙂

Olá, boa tarde!

O formulário foi criado pelo Typeform - conectei no Zap, através dele.

Essa é a mensagem de erro que aparece:

Thank you for sharing that screenshot of the error @Studio Porta Amarela! At this time, I’d like to also request a screenshot of your Zap set up, similar to this. It will help us gain better insight on where the error may be occurring. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Studio Porta Amarela,

I did some digging into our notes, and it seems like the error message indicates that one of the fields (To, CC, BCC, or Reply To) contains an invalid email address. It's likely that the Reply To field is causing the issue. In Gmail, the Reply To field should only contain an email address, not a name. If a name is entered instead, the Zapier task may initially succeed but will result in a Mail Delivery Subsystem error within Gmail.

To resolve this, please ensure that all fields requiring an email address are provided with valid email addresses. In this case, the user should set the Reply To field to an actual email address rather than a name.

Additionally, it's possible that one of the fields appears to have a valid email address but is ultimately invalid. To test this, you can try sending a new email to that address directly from Gmail (without involving Zapier). If the subsystem error occurs with that email as well, it confirms that the address is invalid.

Hopefully, this points you to the right direction! 😊