Best answer

Duplicate Gmail Attachments in Google Drive: How to Filter Uploaded Attachments to Avoid Duplicates in Zapier

• 27 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello everyone,

I created a zap to upload new Gmail attachments to my Google Drive. That works fine, I can get the attachment to Google Drive. Here is my challenge:  If I respond/reply to the person that sent the attachment, for example to say thank you, my zap runs again and uploads the previously received attachments again. Now I have duplicates of the files in my Google Drive. 

I have tried to search my google drive for the attachment by file name and if nothing shows up continue (resulting in a true result). Then in a Zapier filter step I add if the file is over a certain size and if the file search is true then continue with the upload.  

Any one else have this issue? Any ideas how to fix?

icon

Best answer by SamB 27 April 2023, 14:47

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @HOPS0522, welcome to the Community! 

If it’s also triggering on attachments in emails that your sending then it’s likely set to trigger from new attachments with any label, not just the INBOX label/mailbox.

To fix this, can you try selecting INBOX option (as shown below) in the Label/Mailbox field on the Gmail trigger?

c4d830855992af2ec17acf4ffc0314ea.png

That will ensure that the Zap only triggers on attachments from emails in your INBOX, and ignores attachments from emails that you send out.

Can you give that a try and let us know how it goes? 

Awesome, thank you this stopped the reply to the email issue. Thanks! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @HOPS0522,

Awesome! I’m glad my colleague SamB was able to help you out.

If you have any further questions or inquiries, please feel free to post them in the Community. We’re always happy to help! 😊