Best answer

Discord "Cannot read property 'username' of undefined" error

Show first post
This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

35 replies

I tried it with mentions:

i sent a new message mentioning someone

i selected that in the test trigger thing that puts the variable values in the variables

set everything to that and the username to mentions username

it still does the same thing as before where it just grabs the variable name not the variable value

I have a update for this. It appears that the error is caused because instead of grabbing the inputted/grabbed username data it is grabbing the variable name and using that as the username. Let me explain this better.

It grabs the username of the message/reaction and stores it in a variable.

Instead of grabbing the variable value it is grabbing the variable name.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @ZapperMan, welcome to the Community!

Thanks for letting us know, I’m really sorry that didn’t work as hoped. I’ve added you to the list of affected users too. We’ll be in touch by email as soon as it’s sorted. :)

Userlevel 1

It gives you this error: {"user_id": ["Value \"Username\" is not snowflake."]}
And this action event is for adding roles in Discord

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Kathy,

This sounds really frustrating, I’m very sorry about that. I checked on the bug report again but it’s still open at present. I really wish I could give a better indication of how long it will take for this issue to be fixed, I know how difficult it is when Zaps aren’t working as expected. :(

I’ve passed your comments here about flagging issues with integrations on the website over to the relevant teams. While I can’t promise anything specific all feedback is considered when looking at making improvements to the messaging on our website. 

When you tried selecting the custom option got the error again, did it appear in red text under User field? Or did it present itself when you attempted to test the step?

If it just appeared under the User field, then it looks like it should be possible to ignore that error message and click the Continue button to continue and test the step:
894265ca0f328e6577df182ae7f8cfdb.png
In which case, can you try clicking that Continue button to see if that allows you to then test the Discord step?

Hey @Kathy,

I’m so sorry you’re running into that same “Cannot read property 'username' of undefined” error here. I’ve added you to the list of affected users which helps to increase its priority. I don’t have an ETA on when it would be resolved but we will send an email notification to you as soon as it is. 

Until then, it’s been reported that selecting the username using the Custom value option to specify the User’s ID instead should help to get around the error in the meantime. :)

I also tried doing this and selecting custom, but I get this message: 

We’re having trouble loading 'User' data (Cannot read property 'username' of undefined)

Hi @SamB 

I’ve been having this issue for more than 3 months now and haven’t get any solution. How much more time do I need to wait? It’s frustrating to read that there’s no ETA. I got the premium subscription to be able to do this type of integrations, you should put on your website that this integration is not working fine. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Kathy,

I’m so sorry you’re running into that same “Cannot read property 'username' of undefined” error here. I’ve added you to the list of affected users which helps to increase its priority. I don’t have an ETA on when it would be resolved but we will send an email notification to you as soon as it is. 

Until then, it’s been reported that selecting the username using the Custom value option to specify the User’s ID instead should help to get around the error in the meantime. :)

Hi, did you find any solution for this? I’m having the same issue. I get the message 

“We’re having trouble loading 'User' data (Cannot read property 'username' of undefined)” when I’m trying to add a role on Discord based on new/modified rows on Google Sheet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @RyanRN,

It looks as though you’ve also reached out to our Support Team about this issue and you’ve been added to a bug report about this issue. We’ll be in touch by email as soon as that’s been fixed. 

In the meantime, you may be able to workaround this by specifying the username as a Custom value as discussed here:

Hope that helps! :)