Question

Deleted Google Form Data showing up.

• 28 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I have a google form, with about 6 rows of data.  I’ve added a field to the end. 

Refreshing the data in the Zap doesn’t show the new field, even after changing the row. So I decided to change to a different spreadsheet - went through the setup, then changed back to the original spreadsheet in an attempt to get Zappier to pick up the new fields.  It didn’t work.

My next move was to delete all the data (rows) in the spreadsheet, then add one new row to see if Zap would pick that up. It didn’t and pulled in the data that I had already deleted. So when I step through the rows while testing old data shows up.  So then I went back to the Google form and deleted the “form responses” as well as data in the sheet.  Same response from the Zap - it keeps finding the old data, even when I refresh.

This is frustrating, and seems to happen whenever there are changes to the form/data.  I dont’ know if this is a Zap issue, a Google sheets issues, or if it’s something I’m doing incorrectly.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey there @Leithal -

Let’s see if I can help out here. I believe you are experiencing a common issue with Google Sheets. The article I’ve attached goes into further depth, TL;DR: Google Sheets is wonky if you make edits to the sheet while the Zap is on. By edits, I mean structural changes such as making changes to form/deleting columns. 

My recommendation is to set up a new Zap, you can do this easy enough by simply duplicating the one currently in use. If you still encounter any issues, let me know! 😆