Question

Day and month in Due date being swapped over when sent to Trello

• 5 July 2023
  • 4 replies

I use zapier to add cards in trello from Smoobu. This is triggerd by smoobu sending a email to zoho mail with the date in the description displayed as 07/07/23. (7th July 23).

This is working most of the time but at the start of each month the date is reversing so 10/06/23 would push through to trello as 6th October.

How do I get around this issue? The system that has been built to automate most of our proccesses will be resolved with this issue fix. 

Thanks in advance 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @JordanSSP,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I’m so sorry for the troubles with your Zap.

Before we dive deeper, could you please send a screenshot of Zap run in your Zap History that shows this behavior? Especially, the Data In and Data Out section of the Zap run.

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thank you! 😊

it seems to be switching the date which is sent over like the desc but shows different in the due date 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @JordanSSP

Hmm, it seems like Trello isn’t interpreting the date correctly. It appears to be reading it as MM/DD/YYYY instead of DD/MM/YYYY and sending it as YYYY-MM-DD.

What might help here is to convert the date into the same format that Trello is sending it in (YYYY-MM-DD). To do that you’ll want to add a Formatter (Date / Time > Format) action to convert the date being sent over by Zoho Mail. Then in your Trello action, in the Due field you’ll select the converted date from the Formatter action instead.

If you’ve not used that kind of Formatter action before I’d recommend checking out our Modify date and time formats in Zaps guide for more details on how to set it up.

Hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction. If you run into any issues in setting that up just let us know and we’ll be happy to assist! 🙂