Question

Custom actions with Bullhorn returns 401 Bad BhRestToken

• 24 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello,

After testing and reviewing all use cases with Bullhorn.

I have noticed that when I use a normal action in the ZAP I do not have any 401 Bad BhRestToken error messages returned to me.

However when I use custom actions in the ZAP or even when I test the custom action itself I receive a 401 Bad BhRestToken error messages after 30 min if no activities with actions or zaps.

Please find proof with date and time of both actions in the screenshots attached.

This shows that the custom actions seem to have an authentication issue.

Have you ever had any issues like this?

Many thanks,

Olivier 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello @Pierre Lacazedieu, welcome to the Community! 🎉 

Sorry to hear of the troubles with that Custom Action. With the error it also mentions that it could be due to a timeout:

885a9bfba966ffdaf0c4b26ae027d159.png

So it may potentially be that Bullhorn’s API is taking too long to send back a response causing a timeout error. 

Can you confirm which of Bullhorn’s API endpoints you’re using? For example are you using the GET /entity endpoint or the GET /department{Entity}s endpoint

If it’s the latter perhaps you could use the count parameter to limit it to return a set number of results? Just thinking that might help to prevent it timing out if it was previously trying to return a large number of results. Do you think that could be the case here?

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!

Hello Sam,

Thanks for your prompt response.

I have only shared use case but all my custom actions (8 in total) are having the same behavior and same error message.

For all the GET custom actions i’m using the GET / Entity endpoint and for some of them I also use count paramater to 5. In any case its a global issue on all custom actions whatever calls i make (get, put, post).

Looking forward for your feedback.

Many thanks,

Olivier

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Ah I see, thanks for clarifying that @Pierre Lacazedieu

I did some further digging and found there’s already a bug report open for this which the Support team have added you to. I can’t give any sort of timeline on when you can expect a fix but you’ll definitely get an email notification from us as soon as it’s resolved.

If we have any news or come across any potential workarounds we’ll be sure to share details of them here. Sorry to not have a more immediate solution. Please do let us know if there’s anything else we can assist with in the meantime. 🙂