Question

Creating WooCommerce order via ClickFunnels purchase gives “400 Bad Request” error

• 3 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello everyone!

I’m trying to connect Clickfunnels to Woocommerce so as when someone completes a purchase from clickfunnels, zapier will create an order on WooCommerce and WooCommerce will then send out an email to the customer.

A bit of context: The WC product is an ebook (so a downloadable product) that is password protected with a unique password for each user. An (additional) email is sent to the customer which contains the encrypted PDF ebook download link and you can also set a download limit (e.g. 10 times). This encryption and additional email is handled via a WP plugin called Ebook Store.

The zap process is: New Successful Purchase in ClickFunnels (trigger) → Create Order in WooCommerce (action)

The problem: I’ve mapped out some fields in my zap for the WC order, but upon testing I get the “Communication error. 400 Bad Request.” error. Not sure which fields Are supposed to be mandatory or if they are in wrong format. Here is a full page screen from the zap, hope it helps:

And here is a normal WC order of the same product, for reference:

Appreciate any help/insights as to what the problem could be! Thanks!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @webnet ,

The input fields looks proper to me. I guess you should reach out to WooCommerce/Wordpress team for the same. I found some helpful link from Wordpress community that you can refer 

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/communication-error-500-internal-server-error/

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/api-communication-error/

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @webnet, welcome to the Community! :)

I’ve seen this sort of error crop up before when no Name is supplied for the Fee Lines section:

972ead8d22f49f1a0818a58404ec97e9.png

Can you try adding a relevant fee name into that field to see if it’s then able to create the order as expected? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@webnet Just checking in here to see if @SamB’s suggestion did the trick for you or if you’re still running into issues. Let us know - we want to help get things sorted out for you here!