Best answer

Copying files in Sharepoint site - Unauthorized Operation Error

• 16 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi All,

We are currently using Monday.com as part of our workflow, and I’m looking into Zapier to try and automate some of it.

I want to create a set of folders in Sharepoint when an item is added to a Monday.com board, and then copy some files into the folders.

The folder creation part is working no problem, but when I try and copy the files across, I’m getting an error:

The app returned "Attempted to perform an unauthorized operation.".

Currently I’m finding the file in Sharepoint, and then using that file for the copy operation.

Does anyone have any idea what I need to do in Sharepoint to allow this operation?

Thanks!

Luis

icon

Best answer by ken.a 17 April 2024, 08:51

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @LuisT,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, would you mind sharing a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Also, please share a screenshot of the “Action” section of your action steps that shows all of its fields. Like so:

46dd6c0979e3d815d621b8da43084ef1.png
(view larger)

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.  I think this is what you need but let me know if I missed something.

Zap configuration

And here is the action:

For the file name I’ve tried various configurations including just writing the name (xxxx.docx) and trying to pull it from the find file action. 

Ideally I’ll rename the file with the job number when I get this working, but for not just trying to get the file to copy properly!

Thanks,

Luis

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @LuisT,

Thanks for the screenshots!

The issue might be the mapped data in the “New File” field. The “New File” field looks for the file object or the direct download URL of the file. Could you please try remapping that field with the file object? The file object should look like this: 

f7101f8da5af0589af1ce7f84af50956.png
(view larger)

You can learn more about sending files via Zap here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496288813453-Send-files-in-Zaps

Kindly give it a try and let me know how it goes? I'll keep an eye out for your response!