Question

Connect 'find a folder' to actually filing in that folder

• 18 August 2023
  • 8 replies

I understand that I can connect ‘Find a folder’ in Google drive to actually filing something (say, an email attachment) in that folder.

But in the ‘file in folder’ step I’m struggling to see how to say ‘please file the attachment in the folder you just found in step 2’.  I’m guessing I use the ‘Custom’ option but then I’m presented with what is to me a bewildering array of fields. Which one (if any) do I choose?  Thank you!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi @katherinek ,

You can add an action - Find a folder above Find a file action. Find a folder will give an id which you can use in Find a file action. 

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @katherinek 

Good question.

The Folder field expects the GDrive Folder ID:

Thank you very much!  Go it!

I don’t think it’s possible to go more then one folder deep  is it? (e.g. My Shared Drive/Legal/Folder is OK but I can’t go My Shared Drive/Legal/Folder/subfolder)?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@katherinek 

Go more than one folder deep to do what?

Find a folder and store a file in it. Our folder structure is like this:

It actually goes a lot deeper (sub sub sub sub folders) but you get the gist!

Thanks to your help, I can now put the attachment in a Sub Folder, but not I think in a sub sub folder (yellow layer)…? (Unless I can specify the sub-folder which doesn’t work for my use case)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@katherinek

You can continue to add GDrive Find Folder steps, and specify the GDrive Folder ID in the Folder field.

Ah brilliant!  I hope you don’t mind me banging on… is it possible to find a folder containing a word or words, rather than being identical?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@katherinek 

If you use partial search terms to find GDrive Folders/Files, then there’s a chance the fuzzy matching logic will find a file/folder you didn’t expect.