Question

Business Validation Error: We're sorry, QuickBooks encountered an error while calculating tax. Try reselecting the tax rate or reentering the product/service item and saving the form again.

• 22 March 2023
  • 7 replies

I’m trying to setup a zap that will create a sales receipt in QBO whenever a order is paid in WooCommerce. Only customers in NC will be taxed. I’m having a hard time finding out how to add this condition to my zap. Can someone help?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @iza.nu, welcome to the Community!

It sounds like a lookup table would be a good fit here. Lookup tables are something that you can add to Zaps using Formatter by Zapier. Here’s a guide on how to use them: Create Lookup tables in Zaps

You’d set up the table so that the Lookup value is the state. Add one row to the table, with NC on the left hand side (the lookup key) and then the tax needed on the right. The tax needed might be something like ‘yes’ or it might need to be the amount for the tax, that depends on what you need for the QuickBooks step. In the lookup table step, make sure that you add a Fallback value, which is the value that will be used if ‘NC’ isn’t the state. Again, the information that you put in the fallback value will depend on what you need for QBO; you’ll either need something like ‘no’ or ‘0.00’ to indicate no tax. 

I hope that helps,if you’re not sure how to fit that into your Zap, could you share a screenshot of the QuickBooks action showing where you set the tax on the receipt? Thanks 😊

Thank you, Danvers! I added a lookup table. Now I have another problem, because QBO is not recognizing the taxes I want to bring in from the WooCommerce order. it gives me this error: 

Business Validation Error: We're sorry, QuickBooks encountered an error while calculating tax. Try reselecting the tax rate or reentering the product/service item and saving the form again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @iza.nu - 

Hopping in here to see if I can provide some assistance! Can you please tell me a bit more about where in your Zap steps this error is occurring? There are a few bugs surrounding taxes in our system but these have been logged as Tax Code values being ignored on updated invoices, which doesn’t seem to be the case for you. 

Hi Chanelle! yes, after I get everything I need to create the sales receipt in QBO, it just throws this error:

Only for NC customers.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @iza.nu 

Have you tried reselecting the tax rate or reentering the product/service item and saving the form again in QuickBooks?

hi Brem! I’m sorry but I don’t understand what you mean by that. Can you give me an example?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey @iza.nu,

I tried digging into the error you’re running into, and it seems like the error doesn’t say which specific field it’s referring to.

I suggest contacting our Support Team so that they can dig deeper into this issue and determine why is this happening only for “NC” customers.

Heres the link: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Thanks! 😊