Best answer

Alexa goes through all steps, but when it comes time add task to my Any.do list it says "oops, I ran into a proiblem"

Userlevel 1

Trying to use Alexa to create a new Task in Any.do. I’ve created the zap, and it works in that i can do a test and it shows in my Task List in Any.do, and when i tell Alexa to run the zap it does and gives right prompts, etc. so that I can speak the task i want to add, but then at this last step, adding to Any.do Alexa says: “Oops, I ran into a problem.” I’ve changed everything i can think of and again, it all works with the test zap, but in the end i can’t add a Task to Any.do using zapier with Alexa.

icon

Best answer by ken.a 25 April 2023, 15:43

View original

40 replies

Userlevel 1

I also have this issue adding an answer to an Alexa prompt I have set up to a new row in a Google Sheets doc. The test works fine, but actually adding from the prompt answer does not work, and I get the same “we ran into an error” response from Alexa mentioned in OP’s issue.

Userlevel 1

If it helps anyone on this thread - I have implemented a workaround for my specific scenario (adding an item to Alexa’s To-do List to add it to a project in Asana).

I added the Todoist skill to Alexa, which syncs Shopping an To-do List (nothing else), then I added an applet to sync Todoist to Asana.

(I haven’t specifically tested this in Zapier, but it works on IFTTT.)

same problem - seems to be related to “sample additional information prompt” with alexa

if you try and do anything with the addition prompt from alexa it will fail with “oops ran into a problem”

Getting the same error when using Alexa to create a motion task.

It tests out fine but when I run it does everything on and gives the Ooops error…

Adding myself to the list of users seeking a fix for this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @BenBeck,

I have added you to the list of affected members. We will keep you in the loop via email once there’s a fix for the bug.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @JimSpy! 👋

I just checked on the bug report and the issue is still ongoing. I can’t give any sort of ETA on when you can expect a fix to be implemented by, but I’ve added you to the list of folks who’ll get notified as soon as it’s resolved. 🙂

Userlevel 1

Changed prompt for the 4th time. Still getting error. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @PCB,

I did some digging into this, and several other users have encountered the same issue. The problem is related to a bug within the Amazon Alexa integration that also affects you.

Our team is aware of the issue and is working on a fix. I've added your email address as another affected user. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track and prioritize fixes
  • Allows us to notify you via email if/when this is fixed

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA, but I’ve added you to the list of users affected by this issue so we can let you know as soon as we have any updates.

I apologize for the trouble caused by this bug. Let us know how we can assist you further. We’re always happy to lend a hand. 🤗

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there, @Ladyfelina 👋

I’ve just checked on the bug report and unfortunately it’s still ongoing. While I can’t give an ETA on when it will definitely be resolved by I can confirm that I’ve added you to the list of users being affected by this issue which will help to bump up it’s priority.

Really sorry to not have better news right now but there’s still no reported workarounds that I can give. But I’ll definitely share details of any workarounds we come across in the thread here. And you’ll definitely get an email notification from us once it’s been fixed. 

Hi, I signed up to Zapier in the last few days and am also having this issue (my Zap is trying to use Alexa to create a Trello card). Same as everyone else, all works fine and Alexa asks my follow up question (“what’s the text”) then says “Oops I ran into a problem”. If I run a test in Zapier a card is created in Trello with no issues.

Does this mean I won’t be able to use Alexa with Zapier at all until this bug is resolved??

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks so much for sharing the workaround you implemented here, @Ladyfelina. The Community greatly appreciates it! 🤗

I got a same problem. please let me in your notify mail list.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @PCB 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your Zap.

Before we dig deeper into this, could you send screenshots of how you’ve configured the steps of the Zap so far? That’ll help me make sure I give you the best suggestion possible.

(If there’s any personal information, kindly blur them.)

Looking forward to your response!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ah, thanks for letting us know @athhwm! I’ve added you to that report and we’ll let you know once a fix is in place.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sure thing, @shkim! I’ve added you to the list of users being impacted by this issue, so once it’s sorted we’ll send you an email to confirm it’s been fixed. 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @alijax. Thanks for letting us know that you’re also being affected. You’ve been added to the list now so we’ll be in touch as soon as this issue is rectified. 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’m so sorry that you’re also being affected here, @TheHiTechNomad and @davocarli. I’ve gone ahead and added you both to the list of affected users. I can’t give an ETA for when this bug might be resolved by, but you'll be among the first to know via email once it's fixed. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for reaching out here @amberc. 🙂

Happy to confirm that you’re now on the list of users being affected by this bug. We’ll be in touch by email as soon as it’s been resolved. 

Same problem trying to add a task to Zoho Projects from Alexa via Zapier. Everything works until I give the task name when prompted, then I get the “oops, I’ve ran into a problem” every time.

I am having this issue as well

me too

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sorry to hear you’re running into this issue as well @ggblake! I’ve added you to the list so we’ll definitely be in touch via email as soon as a fix has been implemented.  

Hi I am also having the same issue.

Alexa keeps replying “Oops i ran into a problem, please try again later”

I’m having the same problem when adding a task to Wealthbox from Alexa via Zapier.  Test is successful, but when I ask Alexa to create a task, she understands and then asks the prompt question for the task name.  Then after I answer with the task name, she replies, “oops, I ran into a problem”.