Question

Airtable not recognizing duplicated base. The duplicate base is not populating in the dropdown.

I’m using Zapier to connect Calendly and Airtable so that any booking made via Calendly is recorded in Airtable. I created Airtable Base 2 off an existing Base 1, i.e. Base 2 has been duplicated off Base 1 to keep the same structure but add new data. Though I crated a Zap for Base 2, Zapier keeps recording new bookings in Base 1 rather than Base 2. I’m guessing that this issue is caused by duplication of the two bases. Is there a way to work around this? Or does it mean that I need to create a new Airtable base from scratch to be able to get the desired outcome? Thanks. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Pihstone1 

Good question.

Check your Zap step configuration for the Airtable step and make sure to reselect the Base & Table.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Pihstone1 

Welcome to the Community! I'm sorry you’re having trouble with your Zap.

You mentioned that Zap 2 duplicates Zap 1 but with new data. For Zap 2, you can use Filter by Zapier step to avoid duplication.

Thanks for all responses. When creating a new Zap I have selected the correct Airtable base and table but Zap keeps pulling new data into the incorrect table in Airtable. 

Zapier doesn’t make any duplications. I have created an Airtable base by duplicating an existing one because I wanted to keep the same format and structure. Now Zapier seems to be recognising the original base only but not the new one I created so it keeps pulling new data from Calendly into the original base. And just to add that I have already created Zaps using the original Airtable base before so Zapier has a record of that original base in the system.

It seems to me that Zap cannot differentiate between Airtable bases if one of them was created by duplication. I wondered if there is a way around this other than creating a new Airtable base from scratch and then creating a new Zap. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Pihstone1 

May I know what would you like to achieve for your Zap?