Best answer

ActiveCampaign error: The app returned "Invalid value for query parameter contactTag.contact"

• 31 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I am trying to use this zap. However getting “Failed to create a contact tag in ActiveCampaign
The app returned "Invalid value for query parameter contactTag.contact"” error. 

As far as I understand, zap is trying to find the internal ID of a contact from Activecampaign. However, the Google form I am using doesn’t have that field. Users wouldn’t know their AC IDs anyway, if I ask them, they won’t be able to enter it. 

How can I fix this?

Thanks.

SOY

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 1 February 2024, 16:42

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @SOY 

For us to have full context, please post screenshot with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured, thanks.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the reply. Here is the screenshot attached. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @SOY 

The Contact ID field in the AC step expects the ID of the Contact from AC, not the ID of the GForm submission.

You may want to use this Zap action: ActiveCampaign - Create/Update Contact

You can set Tags.

Userlevel 1

Thanks @Troy Tessalone your solution worked. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thats so awesome @SOY! A huge shoutout to Troy for pointing you in the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗